☆︰14

❝ 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐍'𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘, 𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐘 ❞

— 𝐋𝐘𝐍 𝐋𝐀𝐏𝐈𝐃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

-ˏˋ ⠀chapter 14: back⠀ ˊˎ-

As you walked silently into the gymnasium, you heard the balls strike the floor with a loud smash, which was followed by a few people exclaiming, 'nice kill!' When you entered the gym, you noticed that half of them were practicing their spikes while the other half were training their receives.

Of course, Lev was working on his receives. You laughed as you saw him stumble against his own feet. "Go Lev!!" Lev heard you and swiftly turned to face you.

He waved, and you returned the gesture. After the brief encounter, his gaze returned to Kuroo, who was poised to spike, and Lev, who was waiting to receive.

You made your way to the bench, where Coach Nekomata and Naoi sat. "How are you?" The elder coach asked.

You shifted your gaze to the members after a brief glance at the coach, saying, "I'm doing well as usual, coach."

"So, do you intend to be the team's manager?" Nekomata asked, nodding. His question prompted you to ponder.

Being their manager means meeting Kuroo and the others on a regular basis, as well as being required to attend practice and official matches. "I don't believe I'm a suitable match for the position of manager, sir. Furthermore, I am not enrolled."

"Why don't you give it a shot?" Naoi offered, causing you to startle as he appeared near you. You saw that the place where he sat a minute earlier was now empty.

"I'm content watching them from afar," you said politely.

-ˏˋ ⠀♡⠀ ˊˎ-

The practice ended early today, Lev was called for another family meeting. He simply said hello and then dashed out the door. Yaku and the others merely shrugged their shoulders at the silver-haired man.

You were ready to leave the gym when you heard, "[Y/n]!" Kuroo was racing at you. He nearly dropped his luggage but managed to keep it balanced on his shoulder.

When he reached you, he put his arm around your shoulder "Let's go out and buy some ice cream! I abandoned you yesterday, and I'm going to make amends." He pulled you along with him to the park without letting you react.