twenty three

"Do you know what would be cool?" Jungkook asked after he returned from the cotton candy machine from downstairs.

"What would be cool?" Seraphina ignored the cotton candy he was holding out for her.

"Well first, it would be cool if you would accept my gift." Jungkook slid the candy's stick in her hand, Seraphina forced to hold it. "But secondly, it'd be really cool if we made homemade bread! See if you like that bread more than your favorite." Jungkook took a piece of cotton candy into his mouth. "What is your favorite bread Noona?"

Seraphina's smile finally made an appearance. "Pretzels." She crossed her legs, leaning back to look up at Jungkook. "Pretzels are my absolute favorite."

"Then let's make pretzels together!" Jungkook's face lit up, hurrying around to the other side of her desk, sitting down on the stool thing. "Pleaseeeeee. We can do it this weekend! When we have time!"

"I don't know how to make pretzels." Seraphina smiled softly, going back to her email.

"We can learn!" Jungkook persuaded further, really wanting to take this baking journey with her. "Here! We'll find a Youtube video that has print out directions and stuff and it'll be easy!"

Seraphina stopped typing, looking up at Jungkook. "You really want to make bread?"

"Yes!!!" Jungkook laughed, his efforts finally seen. "The video is right here." Jungkook showed her his phone, Seraphina sighing.

"Alright, I'll watch the video with you." Seraphina stood up, walking over to the couch.

"And make the bread later?" Jungkook double checked, Seraphina rolling her eyes.

"Yes I'll make the bread too."

"Yes!" Jungkook celebrated, jumping onto the couch next to her, a wide smile on his face.

Jungkook's phone wasn't the biggest screen in the world, and Seraphina was too tired to get up and grab her tablet or laptop. So, she scooted closer to Jungkook, wrapping her arm around his shoulders. He was already slouched down beside her, holding the phone in his lap, making this seating arrangement easy.

"This looks complicated." Jungkook mumbled, his optimism slipping. He leaned more into her, his plans crumbling right in front of him.

"No it doesn't." Seraphina reassured. "We can do it."

Jungkook looked over at her, Seraphina focussing on the screen. She studied the video like this was her next assignment, another thing she needed to do, another thing she needed to perfectly finish.

She was going to make the best pretzels ever.

And Jungkook of course, he was going to help, enjoying the whole time, just there to have a fun time.

Jin opened the door, turning off the lights to signal his entrance to the room. Seraphina's arm tensed around Jungkook, her leaning into Jungkook more as the room went much darker than seconds before.