twenty seven

trigger warning
self-hate, the majority of the chapter
not recommended for <16+

Jungkook sighed softly, closing his eyes as he leaned his head up, letting the waterfall across his face. The water was ice cold, Jungkook shivering while he showered. He always had the water as cold as possible. No, it wasn't him being cheap. It was him, hoping his body would feel better.

It was a combination of physical and mental discomfort, pain sometimes.

Jungkook kept his eyes closed as he ran his hands down his stomach. He focussed on how far his hands went out, curving way too much. He needed his hands to just slide straight, he needed them to have no bumps.

He was exaggerating the feel of his abs in his mind. There was hardly any fat on his stomach.

Keeping his eyes closed, he pinched the skin by his ribs, disgusted by the amount of skin he could grip. Again, it was Jungkook not processing the truth he felt.

His body was fine, it was perfect as many say. But for some reason, Jungkook saw himself as a heap of mistakes.

His hand curled into a fist, hitting his own stomach, flinching at the hit.

It had growled in hunger.

-

"How was your shower Kook?" Seraphina asked, walking into her office, rolled up posters in her arms.

"It was good." Jungkook glanced up at her, going back to playing a game on his phone. His heart warmed slightly, seeing her look so beautiful today.

 His heart warmed slightly, seeing her look so beautiful today

"Oh! Before I forget." Seraphina sat the posters on her desk, catching one as it fell. "Taehyung called me, asking if you wanted to collaborate on a song. He told me to tell you to call him when you have time."

Jungkook watched his character die. "I'll go call him right now."

"You can stay here if you want." Seraphina watched him get up, unrolling the first poster.

"I'll be just outside the door." Jungkook motioned to the door, stepping outside as said. "Hyung?"

"Oh perfect!" Taehyung spoke with pep in his voice, something Jungkook had always envied. "Wanna sing a song about Sera with me? I know you've got a crush on her and I impulsively wrote one about her. Of course, I had to twist a few of her traits to write the song, but she's the inspo behind it all."

"What do you all have right now?" Jungkook asked, not wanting to sing a song he wasn't going to like.

"Well I have a gap right now, but I was hoping you would help with it." Taehyung cleared his throat. "'I'm a rollin' stone, baby come on. Tell me what you like, every night. Girl I know, you got your own, but you could be mine. You 'bout that lifestyle."

Jungkook felt himself subconsciously nodding along to the song, liking the beat of it all, liking Taehyung's voice with it. "Why did you stop?"

"That's the end of what I have." Taehyung chuckled. "Any suggestions?"