thirty five

Seraphina slammed her door shut behind her, eyes lidded as she walked to Jungkook's car.

"Oh God she looks horrible." Jungkook mumbled, unlocking the door for her. "You should stay home today." Jungkook smiled as she got into his car, sneezing.

"I'm fine." Seraphina's voice was an octave deeper than normal, and extremely scratchy as well. Her whole outfit was black, including the mask and sunglasses. "I need coffee. I hardly slept last night."

"Noona, come on." Jungkook turned towards her, Seraphina blowing her nose. "Look at you. You need to stay home."

"Jungkookie," Seraphina smiled sarcastically, her nose red from blowing it so much. "I'm not missing your first fansign. Plus, with my job, I can't exactly just skip a very big event."

"Fine fine fine." Jungkook sighed and reversed his car out of the driveway. "Have you puked?"

"No." Seraphina hugged herself, curling up in her seat. "Can I turn up the heat?"

"Still cold?" Jungkook turned it up for her, Seraphina letting out a shaky exhale.

"Very." Seraphina nodded, rubbing her sides. "God I wish I could be in sweats and a huge sweater." Seraphina moved her jacket out of the way, looking down at the lace material. "Look at that. You can fucking see my skin."

"I'm guessing you didn't pick out this outfit?" Jungkook glanced over and saw her top, Seraphina wrapping her jacket around herself once he looked away.

"Nope." She huffed, yawning. "It was this or a dress, and no way in hell am I wearing a dress." She had to give her measurements to the stylists and they had her outfit delivered yesterday with instructions for hair as well. Sera would be on stage a bunch today, so she needed to look her best.

"When we're done with the fansign, you can go home and change." Jungkook reassured, turning onto another road. "Well, you need a hot bath first, and then you can."

"I don't want to leave you alone after the fansign." Seraphina yawned again, closing her eyes as she leaned her head against the window. "I also wanna hear the songs you've been working on. So I'll be joining the meeting with Namjoon today."

"Y-You will?" Jungkook blinked quickly, almost missing the turn into HYBE's parking lot.

"Mhm." Seraphina nodded, unbuckling her seatbelt. "I'm excited to see what you've done this last week or so."

"Uhhh, what if you just, don't go?" Jungkook smiled nervously, turning off his car.

"Do you not want me to go?" Seraphina asked, not being mean or anything, but asking.

"I mean-"

"I won't go." Seraphina nodded, smiling softly. "I'll just be the first one to buy the single and the album."

"I'm sorry Noona." Jungkook said softly, feeling kind of bad. But he knew she wasn't dumb. She'd figure out that the songs were about her.

"Don't be sorry." She chuckled, adjusting the mask on her face. "I don't mind."

"Promise?" Jungkook asked weakly, holding up his pinky.

Seraphina sighed with a smile. "Promise."

---

"The projector is working and in perfect condition." One of the staff members said as he spoke to Seraphina, Sera nodding as she tapped her tablet, entering stuff, adjusting things as needed.

"Thank you. Please go to your assigned position now." Seraphina tapped a few more times on her tablet before touching her earpiece. "Front doors, everyone inside?"