Chapter 2: Trust

Akame's Pov

I do not like the situation I am in right now at all, all my senses are telling me to get away for kill this person in front of me. That is what I am trained to do after all, especially tonight some of my team died I am feeling particularly bloodthirsty. Everything this person had said seems unrealistic, training in a village to the north in the mountains? Yeah right, there aren't mountains to the north for hundreds of miles. I can tell he wants to gain my trust because he gave me that food which I do not recognize, he almost got me too since it was somehow almost as good as meat but I was able to steel myself. Maybe if I kill him I can find more, but where did he takes those out of? He doesn't have a bag or any gear and I am already well within a day journey into this forest, does he have another camp setup near here?

I have no information; I need to learn more about his abilities and if he can be trusted. I am not one to kill innocent people and from the way he talks he doesn't sound like a bad person but I can't be sure.

This is extremely difficult for me to do since I am trained to be a silent and efficient killer in the dark, but I am going to have to probe him for information so I can decide if I can or even should kill him.

"If you are traveling around where are all of your belongings? Suring you do not just walk around the forest with a sword only."

Even though I think I am being quite stiff he doesn't seem to mind, he just keeps smiling, his face looks feminine and beautiful but I can tell from the way he speaks that it is definitely a he and not a she. His eyes just stay on me and make it seems that he is watching every single one of my movements, a muscle tensing, a finger twitching, my foot moving on the ground. After a couple of seconds, he responds.

"Hmmm, to answer your question I have been going from camp to camp and if they have bandits and slave traders I kill them and use their camp then leave. If it is normal people then I leave them alone, not that there is anyone other than you in this forest who doesn't seems to be a bandit or slave trader."

That does make some sense, if you are highly skilled at fighting you could jump from bandit camp to camp killing them and using their supplies then leaving in the morning very easily. From our fight earlier I can tell that he wouldn't have any trouble killing pretty much any bandit he comes across. He also must be used to life-or-death combat and getting injured a lot, when I cute half his wrist off he didn't even flinch. While thinking he starts asking me a question.

"May I ask why you are out here alone; you seems quite strong and are by far better than only of the bandits I have seen but no matter how skilled someone is when your alone anything could happen. I would be happy to assist you in exchange for basic information about some things but even if you decline I would be happy to camp with you for tonight so you can get some good night sleep."

Ha, nobody in their right minds would ever believe what he just offered, what even is "basic information"? Is he talking about the kind of things people are taught by others as common sense and the way society works? I wouldn't mind telling him that but I also don't really need any help, he can't even use his left hand since his wrist is in half! No doubt he is still strong one handed but I don't think I would ever rely on someone who cant swing a sword with one of their hands. I better tell him something or else this will become very awkward.

"I wasn't alone, I had two friends I was with but they died today. I'm not sure what you mean by basic information either but I would never sleep when there is someone I don't trust standing guard."

After saying that I can see how he reacted, he seemed to have a genuinely sad look in his eyes hearing my friends died, it could be fake but I don't think so, he also seems to be getting slightly mad. Is he mad that I lost my friends? Why would he be, he never met them, it seems that he is having a genuine reaction but it is impossible to tell for sure. Ugh, this is getting annoying not knowing if what he is saying and showing is genuine or not, that's why being an assassin is much simpler you just kill who you are sent to kill and anyone who gets in the way. While watching his reaction I see him sign, it seems like he is about to say something, hopefully it is something I can use to help decide what to do.