Chapter 10: Not a Hero

Rimuru's Pov

I have been resting for a few hours and have regained a large amount of my strength, mental and magicules wise, and am planning to get up and go to make breakfast.

Once I finally got up and was ready to go to the kitchen I changed into a pair of khaki pants and a blue hoodie which serves as my casual clothes usually. It would be weird to wear the same outfit all the time so I have a few different outfits.

Once I got to the kitchen I found that I must have gotten up first, and being the new person around here decided to make breakfast for everyone. Searching around the cupboards and storage room I decided to make myself some fish with a large serving of rice, I've had a large amount of rice in this world but it really is the best. For Akame I made an assorted meat platter since I know that is what she likes, I also made a small fruit bowl for her that I am going to make her eat. Since I don't know what the others eat I decided to go for a simple meal of miso soup, toast, and eggs.

Akame and Tatsumi were the first to come in, maybe they usually cook breakfast. Once they saw the food I prepared Tatsumi looked relieved he didn't have to make breakfast and Akame just looked at the plate I cooked for her visibly drooling.

Once I motioned for them to eat they both sat down and started eating, obviously Akame to spite having by far the most food out of the three of us finished first. I saw she didn't eat the fruit though; she really never does change huh.

"Akame eat your fruit, if you don't eat your fruit and vegetables I make for you at meals I wont share my new snack item with you."

After I said that Akame picked up the bowl of fruit and poured the entire thing down her throat in one go, man it is crazy how much she can shovel down there. After a few more minutes Tatsumi and I finished and I started putting our plates away when Tatsumi asked me a question that made me stop and think.

"So who would win in a fight between the two of you?"

I stopped and thought for a moment before responding.

"Huh, if we fought in a spare I would win, especially after getting those new skills from yesterday. If Akame was using Murasame I still think I could win without much difficulty. The thing is imperial arms have trump cards; I do not know what Murasame's trump card is since from what I've heard it isn't the kind of thing you can practice. I would all come down to how many time Akame cut me with it."

Akame nodded with what I said and Tatsumi looked at me dumbfounded.

"What do you mean how many times she cut you, once she cuts you once you would die, right?"

Then Akame interjected

"Murasame works by transferring a poison into the user that stops their heart. If I cut someone on the arm or leg they could cut it off quickly to stop the poisons spreading and would survive."

Then Akame spoke again under her breath that only I could hear.

"Not that I know you couldn't heal the curse outright."

Tatsumi looked at me oddly

"What I saw the curse spreads in a matter of a couple seconds, to be able to cut off a limb in a split seconds after being cut is something I don't think I could do. I don't know if any normal person could."

Then with a cheery smile I said in my casual tone.

"Let's test if I can do it, I am interested too. I think there is about a 95% chance I survive."

Tatsumi and Akame both looked at me like a I was bad shit crazy, Akame not as much probably because she knows if I cut the limb off it will regrow. Tatsumi starts freaking out and screaming, which I ignored.