Chapter 4: Becoming an Assassin

Rimuru's Pov

Everyone may be wondering why I want to become an assassin, well its quiet simple, the skills will become extremely useful to me in this corrupt and terrible world. Another thing that is completely unrelated is that being an assassin is badass as hell, sneaking into houses and assassinating enemy high value targets and criminals, it just sounds so cool. Having my skills and physical anatomy where I don't actually get physically exhausted will definitely help me become the best assassin in the world as well.

One thing I have to do is come up with an actual cover story for my past since I'm sure the imperial commanders wont buy the BS I told Akame, I literally told her some anime protagonist type origin. I think the best idea is to come up with a past that would make it seem like I would be extremely loyal to the empire and make them think this is the only thing I have in my life so I would be completely devoted.

"Hey, Akame do you think we could come up with a backstory for me so we can get on same page. For various reasons I cant really say my past but I want gain their trust easier."

She looked at me for a long time, I'm guessing trying to figure out if I was a mole or not, then she signed and replied.

"Ok fine, lets make sure we have our stories straight though."

After that we went and bought some food and ate before we went into their base, we decided that I was born in a conflict zone and when I was young the resistance army and imperial army fought and my parents got killed by the resistance army because they wouldn't give me up to become a solider for them. Now I've be going around killing people in the resistance and bandits to try to avenge them. Then when Akame and her companions were fighting the enemies during their last mission they found me captured and being interrogated where in the chaos I escaped and helped her kill the rest of the enemies.

If I don't say so it's a pretty great cover, then I should just need to fight someone to prove that I am strong then I will be taken in and properly trained. I should be able to convince this Gozuki person who is in charge.

After a quick meal we headed back to where this group of assassins are apparently based, I am a little anxious about this because I have never been the best actor but this is my best chance to get far in the empire and get information about teigu that could possibly help me get home. When we got to the door Akame told me to wait here and she will go talk to her commander to get him to come see me. While I wait I try to put on the deadest eyes I can to make it seem like I am someone who has nothing to live for and can only kill.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Akame's Pov

I cannot figure out exactly why I am going along with Rimuru's idea even though it is a major risk to not just our group but the entire empire but I also don't think for a second it is the wrong choice. While being part of this team I have seen a lot of my friends die and I don't want that to happen more, maybe I am clinging to the fact that I can tell Rimuru wouldn't die easily with the regeneration ability or those potions. Maybe he is someone I can actually think of as a true friend, if anyone else told me they wanted to become an assassin I would be against it because they would almost surely die but I know that Rimuru isn't someone I would have to worry about dying on a mission.

I am taken out of my thoughts when I arrive at commander Gozuki's office door and knock twice. After a come in I open the door and see our teams creator. After a hello we get down to business.

"So what were the result of your mission Akame."

"Target eliminated."

"Good, did any of the other with you survive?"