Chapter 16: Bonding and New Additions

Rimuru's Pov

Thankfully Esdeath has talked with Seryu about the whole Stylish situation, she still looks at me with hatred but I am confident she won't attack me. Personally I do not really like her either, she thinks herself above the very thing she preaches and sees herself as the arm of justice to kill all the criminals. What a complete joke that is, as if being a murderer would in any way shape or form make you a warrior of justice.

Aside from that I can also tell Run is not all he seems but that isn't a big deal to me, today Esdeath had meetings so I was hanging out with Wave and Kurome. They are definitely the two members of the Jaegers I like the most, Wave really is just an ignorant guy who doesn't see what is happening around him and tries to do the right thing even if it is misguided.

We mostly just sat around doing various things like playing chess or cooking, Wave lunch while Kurome and I made pastries. I was happy to be hanging out with Kurome again like old times, I hope I can get her off her crusade to kill Akame and add her to her puppet army.

Later in the evening Esdeath came back and joined us eating and talking, it is hard to imagine her murdering people in mass since I have barley seen her get violent at all but I remember the first day I was in this world where I saw her in the streets with dead piled meters high.

After going to bed with Esdeath I decided that tomorrow I was going to go check up on Night Raid. I had flew to their base outside the city and saw they abandoned it; I assume they traveled further way since the Jaegers formed here in the capital. Tomorrow I have to get away from Esdeath for the day and find their new base, it shouldn't be hard since now I can sense Murasame's energy from a distance thanks to me being cut by it. The curse in the sword gives off a massive aura that I can track thankfully, I can also feel some kind of pulling from the sword like it wants the part of the curse that is still inside me to go back to it.

Once it was time to get up I had to make an excuse to go off alone, I tried hard to think of something and it was difficult but I came up with something that would work well with my back story.

"Esdeath I have to go for a few days."

As soon as I said that she looked at me with a face I could only describe as sad, I am starting to think I am the only person she has a relationship that could described as love with. I wonder if I have become a massive weakness for her, she is massively in love with me after all. In the time I've spent with her I would think of her as a friend, in this world just because someone may be a monster sometimes isn't enough to make me hate them. I may not like what she does but I can respect her and enjoy our time we spend together to spite that. She hesitantly spoke.

"W-why do you have to go, am I not good enough for you? Is someone causing you problems?"

I actually didn't like how she was talking with a slightly scared tone; I came up with a good excuse she should understand though.

"It's nothing like that, I want to go to my parents grave. In two days it is the 10 anniversary of them being killed and I would like to pay my respect to them. Since they are my motivation to get stronger and not be weak I think it would be good to go reaffirm my convictions."

I saw her brighten up slightly, I think she can understand that so it shouldn't be some much of a problem. She then spoke in a happier tone.

"I understand that I might not be enough of a reason to get stronger than you already are yet so if paying respect to your parents is what you need I understand. Just know that when you get back I try with 10 times more effort to be your reason to get stronger!"

I couldn't help but smile, her determination is very admirable and it is definitely cute how she tries to say extremely cheesy lines with a straight face. To add the cherry on top I walked over to the couch and pulled out a massive pillow.