Chapter 23: Finale

Rimuru's Pov

Once I got into the capital there was chaos everywhere, the revolutionary army had entered the city but the weird mech thing was shootings lasers around and blowing up entire areas at a time.

How did things go to shit so quickly? I couldn't have been asleep for that long, right?

While trying to gather more information on what was going on I saw the body of someone fly near me into a building, when I rushed over to it I saw a hurt Wave. When I got to him he was trying to get up but I stopped him, I need information on what is going on.

"Wave, Wave, what the hell is going on here? Where is Kurome?"

All of the sudden Wave got completely stiff, what happened?

"Well Rimuru, you see Kurome fought her sister and died last night........"

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

THOSE FUCKING IDIOTS!

"WHAT THE FUCK WAVE, I LEAVE FOR A FEW DAYS AND YOU LET KUROME DIE?!?! AREN"T YOU FUCKING IN LOVE WITH HER?!?! SHE IS FAMILY DUDE, FUUUUUUUUUUCK."

I could tell I started leaking some kind of scary aura because Wave started shaking, he also started looking to the side awkwardly.

"Well, err, we actually all faked her death so she didn't have to fight in this final battle. She is safe outside the city right now; I probably should have just said that to begin in huh."

At the moment I wanted to gut Wave for almost giving me a heart attack like that, what the hell man! How is he going to do me like that?

"Ok fine, good, now what the fuck is going on here? What is that massive thing firing lasers around and destroying the city? Where is everyone else?"

"Er, that big guy is the Imperial Teigu that the emperor is using to fight off Night Raid and the revolution. I was fighting it with Tatsumi before you came, speaking of that I need to go help them! As for the other I do not really know at the moment, everything is really crazy right now, last I knew Esdeath and Night Raid were still alive though. It will be good to have you here to help."

With that I let Wave go to help Tatsumi, I also decided I would try something. I haven't used any attacks yet since evolving and pointed my hand towards the massive robot creature.

"[Black Lightning]"

When I spoke the words a large bolt of black lightning shot out of my hands towards the creature and hit it square in the forehead, on impact there was a massive explosion and the creature staggered. Unfortunately as the smoke cleared it seemed almost completely fine, I guess that won't be enough, that thing is really a unit huh.

As I was thinking about what I should do next I saw a streak across my vision, when I locked onto it I saw someone in gold armor flying at insane speeds towards the massive teigu, is that Tatsumi?

Before my eyes he streaked forward and hit the robot square in an area that looked less protected, he looked like a missile as he tried to break through. What is with that insane boost in power, I thought I got a buff, but this guy is insane right now!

After a short time Tatsumi seemed to break through as the massive mech robot started listing forward before it started falling, it was going to land and destroy a large part of the city. As I started clearing the blast zone I saw Tatsumi trying to hold the disabled robot up so it didn't crush anyone. Unfortunately it seemed to be too heavy for him as it was slowly falling to the ground, on the bright side all the civilians around were able to evacuate the area.