Chapter 12: Tournament Arc

Rimuru's Pov

Once Tatsumi returned from the cruise ship he and Bulat were sent to everyone's mood dropped significantly at Night Raid. Even though Tatsumi now has an imperial arms and because of him and Bulat they also secured three more for the rebellion nobody thought of it as a win since they lost a good friend. I had much more of a relationship with Bulat then I did with Sheele so I am pretty sad he is dead; he was a perfect example of a cool dude who looked cool as hell doing badass things.

After that Najenda went to the rebellion's main encampment to give them the teigu Tatsumi retrieved. You might be wondering why I didn't eat them, but realistically none of them were worth it. The flute that makes people fall asleep is bad against strong opponents since they can resist it and the axe's that can be one large axe or split in two and be thrown are not worth my time. The most powerful one is the one that gives control over liquids, the only problem is that Esdeath literally hard counters that one completely. The trump card where you can manipulate blood is also not very good for me since it wouldn't work on my slime blood stuff.

Now with Esdeath in the capital and Najenda not here I do not have much to do, Akame is in charge and we are pretty much just supposed to stay safe and not get ourselves into trouble until she is back. Since now I have a lot of time since spying on people in the capital is not needed all day I decided to try to take a shot at business. Esdeath is hosting a tournament and I am going to use it as a perfect place to see how successful a food stand would be. Back on Earth they were super popular and had bigger brothers called the food truck.

At my food stand I am going to sell three different kinds of chips, they will be potato, corn, and pita. With these I will also sell salsa, humas, and french fries. The morning the tournament was supposed to start I got there early with the required permits and everything to sell in a public area. Once I set up I got quite a few sales early in the day, I have to say I was proud of myself. Then once the tournament was starting up I saw Tatsumi, Lubbock, and Leone walk into the arena. At first I thought they were just going to watch before I realized, hey wait those three are not the smartest members of Night Raid.

Once I realized that everything fell into place, there was a tournament in a low activity time for Night Raid, those three are not know for their critical thinking, and it is pretty much a Chekhov's gun at this point. If there is a tournament someone on the main cast is going to go into it and win.

That is when I realized it, Tatsumi is going to enter it and win, then he is going to have to talk to Esdeath since she is sponsoring the tournament. Esdeath who is indirectly responsible for Bro's death, he is going to loss his cool and get himself kill so fast! So to simplify if I don't do anything Tatsumi is fucked.

I instantly went around a corner and made a clone with replication I got from Ifrit, as long as I am within 1KM I can control it so we should be fine now. Then using [Shapeshifter] I got after I ate Zank's imperial arms Spectator I was able to change the clones physical appearance, mainly hair color, eye color, and facial structure. With that I left it to man the shop and went to get into the tournament area to sign up.

I can't believe I have to do this shit, I had to state my job and since it technically is true I put food cart vendor. Apparently we get some kind of introduction I have to say this tournament seems kind of janky but it doesn't matter.

After two hours the matches started and after watching a few fights that were honestly sad I was up, the way the tournament bracket worked I would have to win 4 matches to get to the final and only the semi-finals and finals were in front of the main crowd other than a few "featured" matches with high profile people. Since so many people signed up there is no way they would have time for over 100 fights in the main arena so it made sense.