Chapter 15: Dr. Weirdo

Rimuru's Pov

It has been a few days since my spar with Kurome and it has been fine, I have been reading a lot in the imperial library. While I was there I noticed a spatial signature, according to Great Sage it seems to be some kind of beacon or anchor mark. I think it is a sort of waypoint for whoever has Shambhala, to travel to. That means it is someone high in the empire, I have no idea who though.

Since I need more info for now I am working on my plan to lure out Dr. Stylish and kill him, every time I look at him he is staring at me with a weird smile. I am not sure how but he knows something that I am sure would not be good if it got out.

I think my best bet is to try to frame him for trying to do something to me, then Esdeath won't mind if I kill him. To start my plan I waited until he was alone and walked up to him.

"Dr. Stylish I heard from Seryu that you can do procedures that make people stronger, can I ask you about doing something like that to me? I want to get stronger to impress Esdeath."

I could tell he fell for it instantly because of the evil smile he gave me. He started cackling and said.

"Truly, what a stylish decision you have made! After the workday some with me to my lab and we can do some tests to see what kind of adjustments I can give you!"

I just nodded happily and walked away.

After spending most of the day with Esdeath where she mostly just talked about how if I got the right teigu I could become a worthy opponent to spar against. It was definitely flattering but it wasn't very interesting, I need to talk more to Esdeath about her motivations in the future.

After the day was done I told Esdeath I made an appointment with Dr. Stylish to check on my health since I had not been checked in years, I also said it was his idea even though it wasn't to lay more groundwork for when I kill him.

After I left I found him out in the garden then followed him into the city where his main lab is apparently. I couldn't help but feel like he had plans to do something to me all by himself.

Once we got to an underground area he brought me to a big room, it could sense a large amount of some kind of creature. They seemed to be human but there was something else to them too and it made me worry slightly.

Once we got to the place that looked like an old fashion doctors office we sat down and we got us both tea. Instantly I could tell it have some kind of poison or sedative in it, I drank it all but use gluttony on my throat to eat it so it didn't affect me some chance I was vulnerable to it.

After that I pretended to pass out, he had some weird looking minions pick me up and bring me to something that looked like an operating room. He then left for around 15 minutes and came back with a large amount of tools; this mother trucker was planning on cutting me open and taking my organs! I pretended to start waking up and struggled with the restraints, he looked bewildered and then started talking to himself.

"haha you truly aren't a normal human, just as I thought, that should have knocked you out for four hours and you woke up in a manner of 15 minutes! Using your DNA in my puppets will surly make them even more stylish!"

He wanted to merge my DNA with those weird creatures! Hell no! Pretending to be half asleep I said.

"How could you tell I wasn't normal?"

It would be wise to know since it could get me caught again. He looked triumphant and started explaining.

"It all started when you fought Kurome, I noticed throughout the entire fight your breathing did not change once. That made me suspicious, then I had one of my creatures that specializes in smell try to smell you and they would barley get anything. Much less then any human should. After that I had one specialized with sound keep an ear on you and apparently you didn't use the restroom for many days in a row. If I can incorporate those traits into my creatures they will be unstably stylish!"