Chapter 5: Growing and Changing

Six Months Later

Rimuru's Pov

It has been a while since I have been training here with the elite seven, I would be hard pressed to say that I enjoyed my time here. If I was looking for a term to describe my training so far it would be illuminating, both in what I have learned skill wise as well about what I have learned about this world.

It seems like the more I learn about the government and the military the more I am repulsed by them, I have learned about the people that my new acquaintances have been sent to kill. Most of the people are hardly deserving of death but Akame and her younger sister Kurome are still sent to slaughter them for things that on earth in modern times would be considered basic human rights in the developed world. I also learned that I was not being trained to be some cool assassin but instead being trained to be a butcher, how to slice and dice the human body quickly and effectively.

During this time most of my training started with physical but since I don't tire Gozuki quickly switched to more theory and technique. My biggest problem was that I would always confront the enemy in my tests and have a stand off like some shounen manga protagonist instead of getting in killing quickly and getting out.

Rethinking it, if I did that against Geld and he never got the chance to evolve I wonder if I would be here right now? Will I ever get back home? I try not to think about it, my current objective is to get as much information as possible and become a high-ranking person in the empire is the best way to do so.

During my training I also learned about the teigu that is in Gozuki's possession, its name is Murasame and people call it the One-Cut Killer, it works by infecting any wound it makes with a curse that spread throughout the persons body and stopping their heart. Since I don't have a heart I don't think it would kill me but I am not sure and at the least I would still take quiet a bit of damage from it. Once I am done with my training and I kill Gozuki like I plan I think the best idea is to sever any limbs that get cursed similarly to what I did when Akame cut my wrist.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Months later

I am nearing the end of my 18 months of training, I have really learned a lot during this time, I'm sure anyone who knew me a year and a half ago saw me now they wouldn't recognize me. I have been keeping my distance from the other members of the team that I am pretty much a part of, I think I will have to kill most of them sooner or later. The only people I am friends with are Akame and Kurome, when we are together we either train or cook.

They both really like eating and although I am not the best chef but I try and the food is pretty good. Kurome and I are currently learning how to make pastries since she really likes sweets, even though we are both beginners and not very good it seems like she is always trying to get me to go buy ingredients or bake with her. I honestly would rate our pastries at about 6/10 but I admit there is a charm to making something with your own hands with and with a friend.

At the same time when I cook with Akame she is always trying to either make meat taste better or my chips taste better with strange methods, such as soaking chips in various danger beast fat which repulses me and makes them soggy. Even if I am not close with the other assassins they are all very happy with chips, when I made budget salsa to go with some corn flour chips I ever got a day off training as a reward.

Throughout this time I have grown to think of Akame and Kurome as something akin to younger sisters, I've gathered most of their pasts and to say it is tragic is and an understatement but sadly all too common in this world.