Chapter 6: Capital Punishment

A few days later

Rimuru's Pov

Now that the elite seven are no more I have found myself in an interesting situation, it seems I was never actually registered as a member or any type of imperial employee. This is bad for me in some ways because I no longer have the opportunity to climb the ranks of the empire and gain access to the secretive information about the abilities of the imperial arms.

This development isn't without a silver lining though, now I don't have a record and the only people who know me are Kurome and Akame. When the army showed up to shut the base down I pretended to just be the cook that was hired and left generating as little trouble as possible, well after eating only the files Gozuki had in his office. I think the best chance I have is to go to the capital and try to find people that might have the information I seek.

Since for the past year and a half I have been training in infiltration and assassination the most efficient plan would be to kidnap and torture important people that may know about a teigu with some kind of spatial capabilities or one that could serve as a extremely large power source. I can't go after any extremely prominent figures though because I don't want to draw that much attention, I haven't fought anyone with a teigu yet and even though I am confident I could easily beat pretty much anyone I and not as confident in a 1v2 or 1v3.

With all this in mind I have now separated from Kurome and will go to the capital for info while she travels to another unit and Akame travels who knows where with the resistance. Now it is time to set out with the shirt on my back and the sword on my hip, and the money and other things in my stomach.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks later in the Capital

This city is very impressive, I am currently at the Inn I will be staying out for a while in the capital and laying low. I never hadn't visited any human cities back in the other world when I got transported here, I wonder if they are as massive as this, probably not.

Even though the city is beautiful and a real testament to the success the empire once had it is easy to tell that everything is not going well here. The looks on the people's face are proof enough and the way the kids are scared to play in the streets speak volume's about the oppressive feeling in this city. I'm not in the highs class part of the town as to not to draw attention and on the way here I saw multiple people start following so I can infer that I have become a target for obduction and enslavement.

I have noticed that in the past few days I have been feeling like I was on a short fuzee, I need someone to take out my anger about being in the world on and I think a group volunteered when they started following.

At night fall I go out to get dinner since eating every day has become a habit I started when I started training to make sure I gave the most human impression as possible. Once I finished and I could feel eyes on me I started walking into a dark and scarcely populated part of town after putting my sword in my stomach to give the impression I have unarmed.

After walking around side streets for a few minutes someone grabbed me and put a bag on my head before smashing the back of my head with the handle of a sword to knock me out, which obviously didn't do anything to me but I played along. I could hear the thugs talking as well.

"Hey she looked pretty hot, you think we could go a few rounds before we bring em to the boss?"

"Are you a fucking idiot? Look at her clothes, they look decently expensive I bet she's a virgin and you know he pays triple for virgins. That and her looks I bet is worth a small fortune, check her pockets for cash and help me get her up."