Chapter 19: Surgeon Rimuru

Rimuru's Pov

After the events from the island I started my search for the owner of Shambhala, I searched for more of the markers from it but was having trouble. I also heard from Esdeath that Minister Honest's son was starting a unit directly under the minster, well they will all have to die sooner or later. I wonder if one of those team members has Shambhala, I will have to check it out. Unfortunately I currently can't go spying on them because we are being sent to defend some imperial spy in 'The Path of Peace" religious organization. I already met 'The Lord' and I thought he was a pretty nice guy, unfortunately the guy we are going to defend is not a nice guy.

Esdeath and I are still acting normal until we can sort out a concreate and definitive plan to take Shambhala and Adramelech in one fell swoop.

Right now I am on horse back going East with Esdeath, Seryu, and Run; Kurome, Wave, and Bols are going a different way because of sightings of Night Raid. I have faith that Wave will defend Kurome so I am not very worried. Of course Esdeath made me ride on the same horse as her even though it is weighing it down, she said "we should save costs so we can buy more things in the city". Yeah, this chick who is rich as fuck wanted to save money on one horse? Well there is no point in arguing so I just go along with it.

After riding for a few hours I saw a black crow, that is usually a bad omen. Soon after we were encircled by bandits, then I realized the others were baited into a trap and we were distracted. If Kurome and Akame met each other who knows what would happen right now, I had to get over there. As Esdeath was about to kill the bandits I quickly said.

"I am going to find the others, I think Kurome is in danger. I'll meet you guys in the city."

Everyone looked at me strangely as I grew black wings out of my back and flew away at supersonic speeds in the other groups direction.

After a while I found Bols dead under a tree, it seems like he was taken by surprise, that must be that one new girls teigu since I doubt the big buff guy I saw was really the sneaky type. While following the footsteps away I saw that they got bigger, did she turn into Bols? Damn it, I have to stop her before she kills Kurome.

After following the path for some time I found Kurome and the girl, Kurome looked like she was badly injured and the girl looked confused. Then Kurome started talking with a demonic presence.

"After big sis left they made a new drug, as long as you don't crush my heart or cut off my head I wont die."

WHAT!?!? I never knew Kurome was on drugs! Am I really oblivious or something? I feel so bad now, Kurome has been having an entire struggle I never knew about. As the girl was about to run I grabbed her hand surprising her and Kurome.

"Why did you hurt Kurome? I told you I wouldn't let you guys do that."

She talked to me in a slightly dismissive tone

"And the person you told us not to kill is one of the most dangerous in the empire, it simply was not possible."

I should have know better than to trust them, I guess I let my relationship with Akame blind me to the fact that this is a war and they are enemies. I took the box from the girl and ripped it in half, I am pretty sure it was her teigu but I don't really care.

"That is your punishment for hurting her, be grateful I saved you since without me her puppets would have killed you by now. Go live a normal life, the empire will be gone in a little while anyway. You did your part now retire before you really do die."

Without waiting for a response I left her and walked towards Kurome who was on her knees panting, I squatted down to her level.

"Hey Kurome, are you ok? Here, let me help you to the city. Everyone will be worried since you got injured. Don't worry I can heal you, just trust your big bro."