Chapter 14: Reunion and Weirdo

Rimuru's Pov

After Esdeath's team completely destroyed what we were looking at we headed back to the palace for dinner before we turned in for the night. At dinner I was planning on surprising Kurome so I made some pastries for her while everyone was changing and cleaning off after their mission. Using magic to cool them off I had an entire plater full for desert, I also made a side dish for the overall dinner, I wasn't going to make the entire dinner for seven people when I have never met 5 of them.

Once the group started filing in I hid and put on my mask from Shizu, waiting for the right time to make my entrance. I was wearing my casual clothes and standing off to the side, I noticed a few people look over towards me but nobody said anything.

After everyone came in Esdeath said some stuff about how they did a good job, then said she had someone to introduce. That was me, she motioned for me to come to the seat next to her which I did, then to introduce me she said.

"This is the winner of my little tournament and my new lover; he will be a reserve member for the jaegers so I hope you all get along with him."

While sitting down I started talking

"Hey Kurome, it has been quite a while hasn't it?"

She looked up from her cookies briefly

"How do you know me?"

Making a fake hurt expression I took of my mask and spoke

"Not even a year and you forgot all about me? I feel so hurt I might cry."

After I took off my mask I saw Kurome's eyes bulge out of their sockets as she jumped up and ran around the table to hug me.
"Big bro what are you doing here? After I got to my new unit I tried to look for you but you just disappeared."

While she hugged me I saw Esdeath with a jealous look but seemed to understand that we were like family. I just patted her head and spoke.

"After that mess I traveled around and came here to the capital a while ago and set up a food stand selling chips and other food I created. I always told you if being an assassin didn't work out me, you, and Akame could open a restaurant."

Kurome looked at me straight in the eyes.

"Have you seen big sis since she defected?"

I couldn't tell her I have seen her a bunch, I had to lie which I wish I didn't have to.

"Unfortunately I couldn't find her, all I've seen is her wanted posters along with those people apparently on her team."

She looked a little sad at that but returned to a small smile as she walked back to her chair, while she was sitting down I added.

"I made some pastries like we used to so make sure you eat your dinner and then we can eat them."

With a nod she sat down and started devouring her food, faster then I remember she used to.

Everyone else was looking at me strangely so I decided it was best to formally introduce myself.

"To everyone else my name is Rimuru and I guess we will be spending a decent amount of time together from now on."

After that everyone introduced themselves to me. There was Wave, Run, Bols, Seryu, and some absolute creep named Dr. Stylish. He kept looking at me like I was his next lab experiment, I want to kill him the most out of everyone in this room.

Dinner was all around pretty good, after that everyone went to their rooms to sleep. I was wondering where I should go but Esdeath did not leave that thought in my mind for long.