Cupid Strikes

"Im fine. Just having meetings. But will pick you up later - Oliver" I read Oliver's reply to my late night message and sighed.

We have only been communicating through text messages and Oliver does not reply on time. Im worried if he has taken his meals or if he is just skipping them to finish up the work.

My attentions span in the conferences and meetings were very limited, my thoughts were only running towards Oliver.

Now, I was going to the airport to get my flight back. Im waiting for the long flight to be over soon so that I can run to Oliver and envelope him into a hug. I have missed his presence, his random gazes at me, car rides with him, TV time with him and so many more.

******

Finally I arrived in New York. My eyes were searching for Oliver at the Arrival Hall. But I couldnt see Oliver.

What if he had forgotten that he had to pick up me amidst of work?

"Hey, lets go" I heard a masculine voice behind me. I turned behind to see who it belonged to.

For a moment or two, I couldnt recognise him but his deep blue eyes and the fragrance of Farenheit Le Parfum, showed that it was Oliver standing infront of me.

He looked different.

With a beard, messy hair not in its usual quiff and eyes filled with yearning.

What the actual f**k happened to him?

"Oliver.. what happened to you?" I caressed his face gently.

Oliver's eyes shifted to the ground and he seemed like he was in a deep thought process.

Then suddenly Oliver hugged me, and that caught me off guard. He was squeezing me so tight that I couldnt breathe.

"Oliver" I struggled to call him.

"I missed you so f**king much,Natalie. Just so much." Oliver let go off me and kissed me on my forehead before picking up my luggage.

"Hey guys!! Wait!!" I heard the most familiar voice yelling to us from the back.

"Noah??" Oliver spoke first.

"Yeah mate, came to welcome Natalie." Noah gave me a friendly hug.

Oliver tugged me to his side with a scowl on his face.

"Nutsy, you wouldnt believe how zombie-fied Oliver looked all these days you were gone. He camped at the office mostly and I had to force him out for meals. See, this beard forming, he hasnt even shaved or took time to beautify himself like he usually does. He seemed as though he lost his life. And Im guessing its because of your absence. Oliver is head over heels for you. Hail the cupid." Noah teased Oliver.

I saw Oliver's cheeks turn pinkish and he ruffled his already messy hair to hide his shyness.

I was smiling ear to ear as I heard Noah's words.

"I wasnt any different from Oliver. What sustained me was Oliver's occasional texts and the nearing time to my departure from Sweden." I told Noah as I gazed at Oliver's blue eyes.

"Guess what ,Nat? I knew this was going to happen the moment I saw you two at the bar last week. Oliver was distancing away from you,trying to deceive himself that he wouldnt miss you while you were looking so gloomy." Noah foleded his arms with a proud smile.

"So now you have proved that you are our best friend. How about going back to mind your business and leave us alone?" Oliver slid his hand on my shoulder as his other hand got hold of my luggage.

"Fine. Bye guys. Nat,you owe me one for taking care of your husband." Noah headed back.

******

The moment we reached home, Oliver went up to the office room as if on cue.

"Wait, Oliver Jarvis Anderson. Dont you dare take another step!" I stopped him.

"Yes? Whats wrong? You know, Im not the submissive husband." He smirked.

"Look here, for once, listen to me. Get that beard of yours shaved and get a good long bath. After that,we are heading out for dinner." I ordered just like he orders people under him in work.

Oliver seemed stunned as I used the same gestures as him.

"Yes,My Lady." He chuckled and turned to go towards the bedroom.

I used the other bathroom to shower and get ready. I was too tired to unpack my clothes so I just dumped my luggage in the laundry room and picked my skinny fit jeans along with my Topshop blouse to wear later.

After about an hour,I came down to the living room to see Oliver standing there with his cleanly shaved face and quiff. He was dressed very casually as well. But he looked drop dead handsome in it, just like he did always.  Oliver look like he had 10 cups coffee and was so high-spirited .

"Lets go!!" Oliver slid his phone into one of his pockets and entwined the other hand with mine.

I used my other hand to cup his face and slowly brought my lips to his. Oliver leaned a bit towards me to let his lips touch mine and he was about to deepen our kiss when his phone started ringing.

I almost jumped out of shock and Oliver looked irritated as he answered the call,walking towards the window.

Damn it, a wonderful moment got ruined.

Oliver ended the call and rushed towards me, getting hold of my hand.

"Come with me, faster." Was all Oliver said before we got onto his Ferrari.

A/N:
Ahhhh yess we are getting so near a twist in this story.
Hope this chapter was good!!
Dont forget to vote and comment!! ♡♡