Chapter 29: A Moment of Blindness

"Six eyes is hard to manage, it takes time and skill" Grandma explained, sitting on her chair while four year old Y/N sat on the ground in front of her. 

"It hurts my eyes whenever I try using it, the heroes were so mean today" Y/N said, rubbing at his swollen eyes. 

"You have to be calm Y/N, six eyes is just an extension of yourself. You can't let your emotions take over, just pure confidence in yourself. Only then, will you completely master six eyes" she explained, running her hand through Y/N's hair. 

He looked up at her and smiled brightly. 

~🕊~

"Grandma?" I whispered, looking down at her shaking form. I still stood a few feet away. 

"Who's there?" She asked, looking towards me, but at the same time looking at nothing specific. 

I tilted my head and looked into her eyes. 

They were no longer e/c, they were a pale color, her pupils in the same state. 

Did they blind her because of her six eyes? 

She started to hyperventilate a little from not getting an answer. My eyes widened a little and I walked the rest of the distance to get to her. 

"Hey, it's me. It's Y/N" I rushed out, kneeling in front of her but not moving to touch her. She stopped panicking and stared towards the sound of my voice. 

"Y-Y/N?" She breathed out, lifting her hand to touch me. My Infinity was still activated, her hand never reaching its goal. I couldn't even think straight, I just kept looking at her. 

"I can't feel you" she cried more, her hand shaking with the need to feel something, anything. She had chains wrapped around both of her wrists, her eyes were haunting. 

I slowly reached my hand out and touched hers. She flinched a little but felt my hand, turning it over to feel the back of it as well. She reached again and ran her hands through my hair like she used to when I was a kid.

"Y/N" she said as a statement rather than a question this time. 

"How long have you-" I started but didn't finish. And all this time I thought her body was burned after everyone else died.

"Akai? Jupiter? Your mother and father? Your grandpa, where are they?" She asked, shifting closer, her hand still on my head. I gave her a confused look, did she not remember any of it? 

I was about to respond before I felt something stab into my right shoulder. I looked down and saw a long spear, the end of it looked like a grappling hook. The hook opened and I felt myself getting yanked back and away from grandma. She gasped and lifted her hands, trying to feel for me again. 

I was getting dragged backwards and I grit my teeth in annoyance. I grabbed the end of the hook and snapped it in half, the grapple dropping to the floor as I stood up and faced the direction I was being dragged to.

There was a women and a man. They both were at the end of the cell, their faces displayed on a screen. Where the hell did the weapon come from?