Before the battle, Final part

The next day, back at the Trost District.....

"Thirty seconds until the gates are opened!", yelled a soldier of the Garrison Regiment.

Levi and the rest of the group, who had left late at night the previous day, they were all geared up and ready for the fight ahead. Beside them were Commander Erwin and Eren, Eren had joined them after his talk with Jean Mikasa and the rest.

As they were seconds from departing, Eren turned to his side and behind a window, he saw two children. A boy and a girl were watching them in fascination, they reminded him of himself when he was young.

"Look, it's the Survey Corps!", the boy told his sister. "They call the emblem on their back the Wings of Freedom", the boy and girl smiled at each other.

"So cool!", the girl praised.

"It's time!", Commander Erwin ordered.

"Hey, kid! Stay awake!", a scout yelled at Eren, "Humanity will take another step forward!"

"Open the gates!", ordered Erwin. After he spoke, the gears within the walls started clanking and after the sound, the wall started rising.

Commander Erwin took a deep breath and exhaled, "Advance!"

One by one everyone charged, they charged towards the freedom of their home. This would be the beginning of all the secrets being unveiled, all the lies being uncovered.

"We will now begin the 57th expedition beyond the walls!", Erwin yelled, "Onward!"

After 10 minutes the whole expedition team managed to pass through the wall, the Garrison Regiment then closed the walls behind them.

Erwin, Hange, and Mike were the three at the front, not even 15 minutes Mike smelled something.

Hange turned to her left and there she saw it, a Titan, "Ahead, to the left, a 10-meter class!"

As she yelled that, two Scouts went on the offensive, their objective, to clear the path from obstacles. Hange smiled, "I am very interested in seeing what's inside its stomach. But I'll leave it to the support team!"

Both the Scouts swung in the air and one of them managed to slice the nape of the neck. He turned back to look at the Titan and gritted his teeth, "Damn. Not deep enough!"

The other Scout attached his hook to another building, "Defend the formation!"

The two Scouts started swinging around distracting the Titan, the creature started swinging its arms around smashing through the buildings.

Sasha, who was riding with the rest of the expedition, turned to see the monstrous giant, she freaked out. A Veteran scout who was beside her started yelling, and turned her head, "Stay strong! Leave it to the support team and keep going!"

Everyone continued riding out of the city without stopping, They had to leave the support team but that was their duty as soldiers, they had to keep going no matter what.

Earlier that day......

Eren remembered the basis of the plan, Gunther told him that the support teams will only accompany them to the old city area. Once he and the Levi squad went past that, it would be complete Titan territory. Their only hope is Commander Erwin's long-range scouting formation.

Even though the plan seemed foolproof Eren was still worried about his friends. Eren turned to speak to Oluo, "Sir, can they..." Oluo wondered what Eren wanted to ask, Eren continued to ask his question, "Can my friends beat the Titans, do you think they are ready?"