The War and The Promise

The Colossal titan kicked the wall with so much force. It sent the broken pieces of the wall flying and it also destroyed the top of the wall.  

Lucas's point of view...

A strong heated wind blew with a lot of force. I barely managed to notice the big boulder that was coming in our direction. "Out of the way", I jump towards Carla to get her out of the way. Annie also managed to escape the impact of the boulder. Dust and smoke rise from the crash.

"Carla are you okay?" I ask. 

"Ya, I'm fine", she says. 

"Annie, are you ok!?" I yell. 

"Yeah, I'm good", she responds. 

"Carla, get to the house and get ready our maneuver gears, remember we've trained for this, meet us at the Military headquarters," I order. 

"Ok," she says, getting up and running to the other side of town, where our house was.

   "Annie, you head there now, you need to get your maneuver gear", I order her. 

"Ok, I'll see you there", she tells me. I immediately tell any citizen around the area to evacuate and to head as far back as possible...As I was about to leave myself I heard a sound. 

It seemed like it was children crying, I quickly head towards the noise and see the kids. One was a little girl about 9 years old and there was a little boy about 6 years old beside her, both were crying. 

(Imagine them in old medieval rags)

I then look at the direction that they were crying at and notice two corpses that seemed smushed by the boulder and the houses ruble.

 "Mommy.....Mommy!.......", the little girl screams.  I quickly go over two kids and cover their eyes.  Then I hug both kids who were speechless due to the scene in front of them. They couldn't do anything but cry. 

"Come on kids we need to get you guys to safety", I tell them and they nod while still sniffing and crying. I pick both kids up and then head for the military headquarters. 

At the headquarters..... 

I quickly go in and find Carla there waiting for me by my car. I put down the two kids and get my maneuver gear on, "Carla, I need you to take these kids to the safe location we have, and if you find any other people in need for help, help them, take the car I'll be faster and safer", I order.

 "Wait, I thought we were going to fight together as we planned", she interjected. 

"I know, but these two need to be somewhere safe first, you're the only one who knows where to take them, please, I also....dont want you to be on the battlefield yet. I know I'm foolish for asking but please protect these kids", I pleaded. 

"Fine, but you better make it back alive you dumbass, do you hear me", she lifts her mask a little so that she could kiss me before leaving.

I quickly change directions and head inside the building. Irun as fast as I could, down to where the gas tanks are at. I see Mikasa heading the same direction and run towards her, "Hey Mikasa", I yell at her.