The Stand!!!

People in the mob were getting aggravated and angry, they hated the idea of fighting and dying on a big if.

One man had finally had enough, "I ain't gonna die here today! I'm outta here!"

"M-Me too!", another soldier said.

And then another, "Count me out, too!"

One by one people in the mob started turning around leaving.

"Wait!", a lieutenant yelled. He then pulled his sword, only a little but you could tell he was being serious, "Dont leave you, cowards!"

"I'm going to spend my final moments with my family!", one of the soldiers yelled still walking away.

Another lieutenant was at his peak, "Traitors, I kill you where you stand! Desertion is answered by death!", he yelled.

"Anyone wishing to leave will by my order, will not be charged for treason!", yelled Commander Pixis. "Those who've succumbed to the Titans' terror once are also allowed to leave! Also, those who have family or loved ones may leave as well!", he continued. 

Many people stopped, it might have been because they looked back at the past. Maybe they analyzed their option but suddenly one by one they all returned.

 The commander smiled and once again spoke, "Now, think back four years ago! Mainly the operation to take back Wall Maria! I bring it up because you all deserve to have your suspicions confirmed! Officially we called it reconnaissance, but in fact, most of you probably know it was little more than a purge, a thinly disguised exercise in population control! We knew this in our hearts, of course we did, yet we turned a blind eye! We supported the sates sponsored with because the death of our fellow human beings allowed us to survive pure and simple!", the commander said. 

Lucas then turned to Armin and placed a had on his shoulder, Armin looked at Lucas with sadness then they returned their focus on the commander once again.  

"The guilt is ours, we share the blame, all of us! The citizens of Wall sustained themselves on the wholesale slaughter of the refugees that flown to us for help, but turned around as foul play, does it not! If Wall Maria succumbs the pollution will fall by a whole other magnitude, the lands comprising Wall Sina wouldn't support half the people now living! If we are wiped out the face of the earth, the culprits would not have been the Titans, let me assure you! Oh no, we would have done it too ourselves, if a line isn't drawn now, it will not be drawn at all! If we must die, let us die here! Not one time in history has mankind risen against the Titans, their every craving and bloodthirsty advances have in awake an inestimable loss for us. Lives taken, territory abandoned, however, should we succeed we will make history! Today is the day, lands taken by our greatest enemy will be reclaimed! For the first time we will know what is not to run, but to meet the Titans head on and win! Now it may seem an insignificant plot of land compared to the long vast plains long abandoned but as a symbol as an idea. Trost will be a reclamation of pride and hope beyond measure. A leap greater than we had ever taken!", Commander Pixis stated. 

Time Skip.......................................

Some time had passed and Commander Pixis had called some of his elite soldiers to assign them a new mission. 

"Good, you are all here. You have one mission and one mission only. Protect Eren Yeager, any risks in this operation are yours to eliminate which I'm sure you'll surmise, means out of everyone, your jobs are the worst. Our success or failure will depend on you, in fact, it's safe to say the fate of mankind will reflect your own.", the commander stated.

"Sir, may I ask something?", Ricko asked the superior officer.

"Of course.", he answered.

"Are you certain of this? Pinning our hopes on Yeager I mean.", she asked.