The New friend

It was a sunny morning on the day of the test. After here we planned on introducing the trainees to learn how to control the maneuver gear. For me getting in the military was totally different, when those 200,000 people were sent, the commanders of the whole platoon died, some from saving others, and remainder by fleeing. I took charge, but It seemed to look very difficult with about 250 men, most of them got lucky to survive, but some stood their ground. Out of the soldiers that remained, I used strategic plans and gorilla tactics to solve our problems. We took down Titan after Titan, but that didn't mean we didn't suffer any casualties, under my command, I lost 64 men. This made me think hard, about why I kept ordering these men to sacrifice their lives, in the midst of battle I realized, that I had a family, waiting for me on the other side of the wall and that they would be expecting me to come back alive. 

Back in the present time, I see all these rookies and  I wonder how many of these men and women will survive the future that awaits them. 

Mikasa and Armin have already passed their test, all that's left is Eren. As the line shortens Eren takes his position under the lifter. "Eren Yeager, are you ready, " Sargent Kieth asks. 

"Yes, sir, " Eren replies.  [I going to do it! I've got to! I may not be talented as the rest, but nobody, nobody has more guts than I do], Eren thinks to himself. 

[Now for the moment of truth], I thought to myself. "Proceed," Sargent Kieth said. A soon as he said that, the trainee behind Eren started to turn the lever. 

To mine and everyone's surprise Eren finally managed to stay in place, Sargent Kieth looks back at me and nods, I nod back and then smile. Suddenly.....I see Eren struggle "WAOH... WAOH"! He lost balance and fell, Sargent Kieth once again looked at me and I nodded once and stepped forward. 

"No! Not yet, just once more, I can do it!", Eren pleads while hanging upside down. 

"Lower him", I tell the trainee at the handle. 

"No.....I'm finished......", Eren was on his knees with tears in his eyes. I stare down at him with a serious expression.

"Voguer, please exchange belts with Mr. Yeager", I ask the cadet behind him. 

"Oh, yes sir!" he replies.

 After the belts are exchanged, Eren goes for another try, and then, he's up, hanging with ease in the air. "Your equipment was defective if given a functional piece of equipment, then you might not be worthless after all", Kieth said, "The Warter master didn't notice this broken clasp, might have to visit the supply depot and crack a couple of skulls", he sneered. People were surprised at his accomplishment (He..He still did it. even while he was wearing that busted gear.)(Wow.) People were praising him.  

"D-does that mean...I didn't wash out?," Eren asks. 

I walk up to him with a smile, "Congratulations cadet, you made the cut," I say. He was smiling ecstatically and raised his hand claiming victory while I walked toward Mikasa and Armin. 

"It seems that everything went well", Reiner said beside us. 

"Look at his eye, they're saying, check me out",  Armin says. 

"No", Mikasa adds, "they're saying that he won't have to leave me, not anymore."  Everyone looks at her kinda surprised, all I do is smile at her. She then blushes because I knew what she meant when she said that.

[Carla, you will be proud when I tell you, what happened to your son. He's finally one step closer to his objective], I thought to myself.  "Alright! Rest up!", I yell, "Tomorrow we officially start your training." 

"Right!!!", everyone says.  Everyone leaves and so do I. 

That night, I arrived home and told Carla what happened today. She was super happy, but then she became mad. Mostly because I told her why Eren struggled in the first place. That same night we slept happily together and embraced ourselves just like the night before.

After that day, the cadets were training by swinging in the forest with their maneuver gear. Then some time went by, they started training with swords and started slicing dummy Titans. Every day I came home and told Carla how things were going. It made her so happy to know about the accomplishment her children were making. Carla and I became even closer than before, now that I realize, it has been over three years since the attack on Shigashina. She and I loved each other, we would always make the most to be around each other. Sometimes I would come home early just to be with her. We trained and loved each other as if tomorrow was our last. Other times we would go watch her son and his friend while they trained, she was doing also training more often. I even told her about Mikasa's crush for Eren and she even gave Mikasa some love advice. Hehehehe I liked how flustered Mikasa was at that moment.....

Out on the plains, me and Carla were having a picnic, we had just eaten and we were just relaxing on top of one another.  

"You know, it seems like it was a long time ago when the Titans attacked my home.....and killed my husband," she said while hugging me, "Sometimes I wonder, what would have happened if you hadn't saved me that day". 

Like I told her about my powers I also told her about her husband's death...it might seem like I was an asshole for telling her after the attack, but it was for the best. Then after a whole year, we became a couple, all I wanted to do was help her, but then it became love. 

"Hey, you shouldn't think about that, It's all in the past", I tell her. She smiles and then kissed my lips. 

"I love you, Lucas, and I  promise that after this war ends, I'll say yes when you propose to me, " she says then kisses me again. 

"I can't wait," I told her as I hugged her and kissed her forehead.

Time skip.....

Its been four years and the cadet training was almost over. I stand in the training field where hand to hand combat was being taken place. I then notice Eren and Reiner stop training and start talking then they look up and noticed at what they were looking at, another cadet named Annie. Reiner then steps in front of Annie. They talk for a minute and then I notice that she looked pissed. After a while, Reiner pushes Eren in front of Annie and she gets in a stance, Eren then attacks and he quickly bites the dust. "Hahhahaha that looked like it hurt", I say to myself. After that, she then talks with Reiner and then looks back at Eren and take the knife away while making him eat dirt. Then Reiner ends up the same way.  Eren the gets up and talks to her for a bit and once again he gets his ass kicked. I managed to hear a little bit of what she said. I then walk up to her with a smile. 

"Hey, nice technique you have there, mind if I try taking you on", I ask. 

"It would be an honor to face The Titan Ripper", she says while getting in a stance. 

"Oh, come on", I say, "Just call me Lucas". I hand her the knife. "Come at me then".

She then steps forward trying to psych me with a right hook and a kick, but she was actually trying to stab me and used her legs and arms as decoys. [Interesting], I duck down and knee her kick and elbow her chest, while at the same time I use my left hand to pull her hand away. I then pull her down and bend her arm to angle the dagger. She then realizes that she has been defeated and looks straight into my eyes. I get up and stretch out my hand she then looks at it and pulls herself up. "Hey, I think what you said back there was really interesting", I say with not much expression. 

"Ya, got a problem with it", she says. 

"Nah, I think what you said was true, these children are just here to pass and not to face danger head-on, but you are different. You've faced death and lived, you also brought it", I reply. 

She then looks at me shocked, "H-how....how do you know", she asked in shock. 

"Those eyes, they look of a beautiful blue but have the emptiness in them, and also it's not very hard to tell". I hand her the knife again, "want to keep practicing", she smiles and then nods.

Annie, I know what you are and I know what you are doing, maybe, just maybe I can help you...