Broken Spirits

Lucas and Eren's squad were currently on top of a house getting ready for the fight.

Lucas approaches Ere, to have a chat before the fight."Weren't you a little hard on Mikasa before", Lucas asks. 

"She needs to learn that I can protect myself now. That I am not a child anymore", Eren said. 

"So that's what you think she thinks", Eren the turned to what Lucas had just said. "You can't be more further away from the truth", Lucas says while putting on some gloves. 

"What do you mean?", Eren asks. 

"You'll have to ask Mikasa if you want to know", he tells the brown-haired boy. 

"Wai-", he gets cut off when a soldier starts yelling at us.

"The vanguard needs support, get ready", said the soldier. Lucas then put some sort of glasses/visors on. This visor was made to track the movement of any Titan in its range of view, Lucas figured out how to make it after he got used to the machine. He created various things with it like daggers and a necklace as well as the maneuver gear that Carla had.

"Alright give them hell!", Eren yells. 

"Ya!!!", all the other cadets screamed while launching themselves off the building. 

"Dam these kids", said lucas. He then jumped off and quickly made it to the front of the squadron.  

"There's so many of them", said Mina Caroline, one of the cadets with Lucas. 

"The Vanguard is completely overwhelmed", said Nack, another cadet joining them. 

As they try getting closer to the vanguard, Eren notices something. "We've got an abnormal!", Eren yelled.  An abnormal Titan jumped up and smashed against the wall. We all manage to move out of the way, everyone except Thomas. They all look and see Thomas in the jaws of the monster. And then he's gone, as soon as the Titan ate him It then started walking away. 

"You bastard. I'm gonna kill you! You're not getting away", Eren yells before chasing after the Titan. 

"Eren wait!", Lucas yells, then the rest of the team follows before Lucas could tell them to stop. Lucas then launches himself as fast as possible, to prevent as many deaths as possible. 

"You bastard you killed my friend, you're not getting away", Eren yells. He then lands on the building's roof and he launches himself again. Then.....SNAP! From one of the alleys below, there was a 10 foot Titan, and it had just bitten down on Eren's leg. Eren was sent flying and then crashed into one of the building's chimney. 

"Eren!!", Armin yelled. As Armin turns around to look at his other friends he sees the terror that occurs.

Nack gets swatted by one of the Titan in his direction. "Mina let go of your hooks!!!", Lucas orders, but she didn't react quickly enough. A Titan below her then pulls the hook's wire and sends her flying. 

"Aaaaah!", she screams, right before she could slam into the wall, Lucas cuts the wire, and then fly towards the Titan. He shoots a rocket at its face blinding it. He then shoots then the hook at the building behind him and makes a U-turn toward the Titans back and slices its neck. He then quickly gets Mina and smashes through a window of one of the buildings and leave her in the closet of the room. He then heads out towards the other cadet. He sees Milieus being grabbed by a Titan and the launches to a nearby building and the head for the Titans back. He starts twirling and then slices the back of his neck instantly killing it.

"Are you able to fight?", Lucas asks the cadet. 

"Yes....., oh no....", Lucas turns around to see Armin being held by a Titan right at its mouth. 

"Armin!!!", Lucas yells while launching his hooks to try to save him. 

He then notices Eren get up and jumps inside the Titans mouth holding it up. 

"Aaaaahhhh!!", Eren then pulls Armin out of the Titans mouth with all his strength. 

"Aaah", Armin falls on top of the roof, he then gets up and looks behind him, "Eren"!! 

"I refuse to die like this!!!", Eren says while trying to force the mouth to open, "Not yet...,  Armin listen....we're still going to the outside world....the thing you told me about,.....I have to see them, I have to..." 

"Eren, get out of there!!!!", Lucas yells. 

Eren then reaches for Armin..... "Eren!!! NO!!!!". 

The jaws of the Titan snaps shut, leave a severed arm in Erens place. 

"NOOOOO!!!", Armin yells. Lucas stares with dread of what just happened.

"EREN!!!!!!", Lucas yells......

The Titan then starts to move it's hand up about to strike Armin. Before it could Lucas comes and sweeps him off his feet. "Lucas.....we have.....to save Eren", Armin pleads," he still-" 

"Shut up!! He's gone!! We have to retreat and get you guys to safety", Lucas says with tears in his eyes. Armin just looks down at the floor in defeat.

As they get to a far enough area. Lucas descends and lands on the roof dropping Armin and heading for the edge. Everyone looks at Lucas and see him on his knees. He then starts punching the floor. "Dammit! Dammit!!!!", he cries, " I...I told her I'd protect her.....That he would come back......DAMMIT!!!".

Armin and the other two cadets look towards the floor, seeing as their leader was killed......

After a moment of silence......Lucas gets up. "Sir wha-what are you....where you going", Mina asks. Lucas ignores her and then pulls out his special handles," SIR-" 

"Shut the hell up!!", Lucas screams, "What do you think I'll do? I'm going to kill them, I'm going to kill every...single....one" He then blasts off at high speed. 

"Sargent Lucas!!", Mina yells.

In the distance, a certain girl felt that something was missing from her and turned towards the center area of the wall.

Time skip.....

"Wake up!", Connie said, "Armin hey, can you hear me? Come on snap out of it. Talk to me, say something. There you are you with me now?.....What happened to all of you. Wheres Eren and The Titan Ripper? What happened to Thomas and Nack. What do you have all over you that is so slimy? What happened?" 

After a moment Armin reacts to his words. "NOOOO!!!", Armin yells, "Damn you!!! Why couldn't you just die.....!!!". 

"What? Calm down Armin", Connie said.

"Let it go, from what we heard, both Thomas and Nack are dead, and The Ripper seems to be missing. It's just the three", Ymir said. 

"Then where the hell did The Titan Ripper and Eren go?", Connie said. 

"Who knows, but what's sad is that everyone is busting their asses while these three weaklings cry".  

"That's it bitch", Connie says, "I'm gonna shut your mouth permanently".  

"Both of you stop it, right now!!", Crista yelled, "look we're all at the end of our tether, alright! Seeing our friend being killed like animals, it's normal for us to get upset."

Ymir then jokes, "look at my girl Crista, keeping the peace! You are so gonna marry me when this is over."

"Yeah, well she best get a hold of that mouth", Connie says, "Alright,  come on we have to get out of here, are you guys able to move?".  Armin then gets up and looks down.

"Sorry to be a nuisance", he whispers, "Dont worry about me....I'll get back to the rear guard....." Armin walks to the edge of the building. 

"But Armin.....", Connie tried saying, but then Armin had already left.

........The strong prey on the weak, and their weakness.......