The Second Tragedy

It's finally the day, the day for the cadets to graduate. At the top were Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Reiner, Annie, Sasha, Ymir, Bertolt, Connie, Marco, and Krista. All these people graduated with honors and have the privilege of becoming MP's if they wanted. 

The night before graduation...

"Do you have heart!?", asked one of the commanders there.   

"Sir!!!", Everyone said. 

"As of this moment, you have three options open to you choose wisely. The Garrison, whose job is to reinforce the wall. The Scouts regimen who ride outside to take back what was once ours. And the MPs which maintain law and order, under orders by his royal majesty", yelled the commander, "Those eligible for the MPs have already been named. The rest of you take a look, these are the top of your class!" 

In the front, I saw Eren, Mikasa, and Annie, it was kinda sad not to see Armin there, but oh well. After the ceremony, we went to the dining hall and celebrated. I was with Annie when we heard a big crowd around Eren, so we got closer.

"you're really going to turn you back on the MPs for the Scout. Why in the world would you do that, you're in the top 10", a boy with blonde hair was telling Eren.

"The scouts have always been my goal. I don't want the easy life, not with all the work I put in", Eren says, "I trained to fight Titans". 

"Are you Insane!?", yells the boy, he quickly quiets down when he notices everyone staring, "How many people have died, we're talking about a 5th of the population, if that doesn't make a picture for you then I don't know what will. this is our life now.....we can't beat them."

I look at Eren, and he notices my gaze towards him.

"Yeah, so what!?", Eren says, "We buckle, take what's given to us, and lie down. Things have changed, maybe not a hell of a lot, but they aren't the mystery that they were 5 years ago. There's still a long way to go, but we've made progress. Every loss has given us a lesson and the tiniest little hint of hope.  Are you telling me that it's better to cut our losses, let all the death and destruction be meaningless? Just to ball it up, and accept it. Not in your life! Humanities future lies outside the walls, and  I'll clear the way. I'm gonna take back what's ours, I'm going to drive them out. And as long as there is one of us who can say that, we are not done". He then looks up and runs out the door. 

"Eren, wait", yelled Armin, he and Mikasa both follow him. 

"Hey Annie, I'll right back, mind waiting?", I ask Annie in front of me. 

"It's ok, I don't mind", she said with a smile. I start following Armin and Mikasa, and we then see Eren in the steps below. We get closer and then get comfortable.

"That was...huh...some speech you gave us there", Armin says.

"Ya, most of it was yours, from the stuff you used to say back in the day", Eren states. 

"Well, I'm joining the scout regimen too", said the blonde-haired boy. 

"Uh, now you just being stupid, come on your not a fighter, your lives with books", Eren says. 

"I'm through with letting other people fight for me", Armin says. They both look down quietly.

"Guess its the Scouts for me too then", Mikasa blurts. 

"Come on, you were at the top of the class. You'd be wasting your shot", the brown-haired boy says. 

"Understand this Eren, where you go, I go. I made a promise to your mother before she died. I've your back whether you like it or not. So just deal with it" she stated. 

"She's right you know", everyone looks at me, I get off the wall and walk in front of them, "We promised that we'd be together, even if that means being in the Scouts. We aren't just friends,.... we are family. I also have to make sure that a newbie like you doesn't die out there, hehehe".  We all laugh and we just relax outside for a while before we have to sleep.

The next day......

The next morning I woke up to tell all the recently graduated cadets that they had some free time before heading out to help Garrisons. I was going with my crew to see the arrival of the other Scouts. Annie also tagged along for whatever reason, I didn't mind, but when I asked her, she just said, cuz I want to.

As we are at the plaza we see the Scouts coming in, people are wowing them with amazement.

"You guys see how excited everybody is, it seems like the crowd has a different energy now", Eren says. 

Another cadet that was beside us spoke, "Well we are going 5 years without incidents, seems like a good omen."

 Then the guy beside her spoke too, "You should check all the cannon upgrades, the sight alone should be enough to scare them off."

"Are you guys in denial just because you're a couple", Eren yells. 

"Woah, Woah, don't say that in front of the Sargent", the guy says. 

"I don't mind, I think its good people find love, don't be like Eren here only loving Titans", I say. 

"Hey!", he yells. And then we all laugh.

"Hey, Hey! Looky here", someone says. 

I turn to notice the son of a bitch that left Carla to die. "Mr.Hannes..", Eren said. 

The blonde man then spoke, "Word on the street says that you graduated. Either that or your standards have plummeted." 

"Oh yeah, like your one to talk. I bet the core of engineers keeps you on the drink", Eren says.

 The old man then flicks Eren on his forehead, and said, "Watch it. I'm sorry if this is out of the blue, but I want you to know your mom's death, still haunts me".  

"Me too, but it wasn't your fault", The old man looks at Eren after what he just said. "We were shooting in the dark that day, but nothing like that's gonna happen again. We know what we're dealing with."  

"Hey, Mikasa I'll meet up with you guys later. Ok?", I said. 

"Sure", she responded, "see you later".

Annie kept on following me while I went to the shopping district. 

"Hey Lucas", I turned around to the familiar voice, "who is this?" 

"Oh, hey Lindsey. What are you doing here?", I asked, she was accustomed to going shopping usually with the mask and she only took it off at home. People would ask why she was wearing it and she told them about her burns, some guards tried to interrogate her before, but thankfully some higher-ups scolded them for messing with the Rippers fiance. I knew that voice sounded familiar it was Carla, dressed up and going by Lindsey while out in public.

 "I just came to do some early shopping, but then I stumbled across you and.....my bad, who is this", she asked. 

"My names Annie, I am a cadet for the Army and I was just hanging out with Lucas since we had free time", Annie said.

 "Oh that's nice, isn't it. Are you enjoying your time?", Carla said in a mad tone. 

"Yes. Yes, I am", Annie said strictly. I didn't know if it was me but these two girls seemed to make sparks fly. I backed up a little bit and then. 

BOOOOM.

 A loud lightning bolt struck the outer part of Wall Rose. Then we saw it, It was the Colossal Titan. Just like Eren described it before it stuck its whole head from above the wall.

And then....the Massive Titan made its move.....