Before the battle Part. 1

Lucas was awake and was sitting in the kitchen by himself, pondering on his thoughts. It was morning already, today it seemed like any other day, but Lucas knew that it wasn't just any normal day. Today two things would be happening, first, that the inspections would be taken place on the cadets for the death of two research Titans and second, that the cadets would have to make a decision that ould risk their lives, they would finally choose the regimen they wanted. 

As Lucas was still thinking, someone spoke to him, "Thinking about today?"

Lucas turned around to find Carla right by the corridor, "hmm, yeah... I know what will happen..., but, I have the urge to stop it so badly".

Carla came closer and wrapped her arms around her lover, "Don't worry, just do what you can and if you do try to change something make sure that you don't change the outcome of our future and our children's future".

Lucas turned to kiss her, their lips touched and then he held her hand, "I promise...I'll save humanity... and finally, Eren and you will be back together".

Lucas then tucked his head in Carla's stomach, Carla then started patting his head, "Promise me that you will be there with us".

Before Lucas could respond someone knocked at their front door. Lucas opened the door and in front of it was a soldier.

The soldier immediately shot in a salute, "M-mister ripper, no, Sergeant Lucas! Commander Erwin has asked for you to attend the cadet inspection as well as being present during tonight's scout recruitment".

Lucas smiled, "Tell Commander Erwin that I'll be there, that's all, you're dismissed".

"Y-yes", [I thought that The Titan Ripper would be scarier], the man thought.

The soldier left, leaving both Lucas and Carla alone once again. 

Carla then came and hugged Lucas from behind, "I guess I'll be going".

"Take care out there, okay? I love you", Carla then lifted up her face, she was giving him a kiss.

Lucas smiled and then kissed her, he then separated from her, "I love you too. I'll see you later".

Time skip......................................................

"When did you last replace your shaft", one of the inspectors asked.

"After the mop-up, that was six days ago ", Sasha said.

Right now Sasha's maneuver gear was being inspected, mainly because two Titans that were being used for research, were killed. So they were inspecting the cadets mainly because the newbies would contain some grudge or urge of revenge.

"Right, she's clear", the female inspector said.

"Okay your good, whos next", the inspector asked the girl beside Sasha.

The girl then spoke, "I'm with squad 42, Crista Lenz, sir". Indeed this girl was Christa, she, just like everyone else, she was being inspected.

"Well let's take a look", the man said.

"So now we can actually get in trouble for killing Titans", a cadet said, he was a few feet away from Armin. 

"Yeah it's crazy but they were valuable test subjects", responded the man beside him.

"I know that, but what I don't understand is why are they trying to find the killers among the cadets", the first man said.

"right", by the respond of the second man, you could feel the tension between the cadets in the atmosphere.