New Beginnings

5 years later

Lisa's POV

Today was Alex's 5th-year death anniversary. I went to his grave to visit him as I have been doing all these years. I went there and placed my bouquet of xeranthemum.  xeranthemum refers to immortality and keeps xeranthemum flowers because according to me Alex is not really gone. I kept my bouquet and I was standing in silence when I spotted a familiar figure. 

"hi Lisa", Mark said.

"Hi mark", I said and smiled

Mark POV

Throwback 5 years ago

"I'm gonna die right", Alex said.

"No. don't lose hope. I'm sure we can save you", I said while suppressing my tears.

"Listen. We both know I won't make it. You still have feelings for Lisa. Right?"

I didn't answer.

Alex shouted "we don't have all the time in the world. Just answer YES OR NO"

"yes", I said meekly

"good. when I'm gone, marry her"

"What?", It was my turn to shout.

"yeah. what's the problem?"

"SHE HAS TO ACCEPT IT YOU MORON"

"don't worry. she likes you too. now get out and send Iris in"

"but-" I was interrupted by him "send Iris"

"ok"

I had proposed to Lisa a year after that. To my surprise, she didn't throw her glass of water at my face. She said she'll consider it and we haven't talked about that ever since.

Present

"Mark I have to say something to you", Lisa's word brought me back to earth

"huh"

"Close your eyes"

"ok", I said unsure of what she's about to do.

After two minutes, she said me to open my eyes. When I opened them she was standing there holding a bouquet of daffodils. I almost can't believe my eyes.

"Daffodils denote a new beginning. Now I'm holding a bouquet of daffodils and standing before you. will you accept this and be my new beginning?", she asked and smiled

"Yes", I said and pulled her close to me and kissed her. Suddenly the wind blew from somewhere and dropped a few cherry blossom leaves on us.

Time skip after 5 years

Lisa POV

Today was new years eve. I looked at the fireworks with Mark while standing on the balcony. A lot of things have changed in the past 5 years. Mark and I were married and we had a son. I'm not the alpha now and we have changed clans and have started to live among humans without any interference from the clan. We have closed alpha.inc  

I studied medicine and I'm now a doctor as well. Iris did what she wanted to become, a kindergarten teacher, and Mark is continuing his practice. We have a new addition to our family as well. A doorbell interrupted my chain of thoughts. 

"you stay here. I'll go and get it", Mark said. But I just couldn't stay and I went as well. the door opened to reveal Alex and Iris. Yep Alex is the new addition. He was our son and He was born on the same day as Alex so why not keep his name?

"mwommyyy Aunt Iris bought me dis chockieee", He said and smiled

"for me?", Mark said and pulled a pouty face at Iris.

"Let me check my pockets. see there is nothing for you", She retorted and they started bickering

suddenly we heard a sound of a vessel falling down. staying on our guard, we went towards the room where we heard the sound only to see a curious cutiepie searching for treats. Iris let out a huge laugh and Mark was smiling looking at her.

People say love is a one-time thing. but I beg to differ. I'm a lucky creature who has fallen in love more than once and succeeded in it.  Sure I went through a lot of stuff in the last few years but that's what has made me stronger. We were all eventually able to bounce back from Alex's death and in that process, we have discovered who we really are.

 "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

A/n: hey everyone! thanks for giving my alpha a read. I hope you like it. goodbye from Liz, Iris, Mark, Alex, Zayn and of course cutiepiee