A trip down the memory lane

Alex POV

"Wow.... This place is so heavenly. I can feel the sea calling out to me", Lisa said excited.

I, of course did not even listen to what she was saying. I was looking at the way her hair was all over her face due to the sea breeze.

"Earth to Alex", she said pushing the strands off her face.

"This place is beautiful right?", I asked.

"That's what I've been saying. How do you know I like beaches?"

"Because you used to like 'em"

"What?"

"This is our usual playspot when we were young"

suddenly a look of sadness came over her eyes.

"Hey what happened"

"nothing. let's go"

"No. tell me if something bothers you Lisa"

"You say that this is our usual hangout spot. But I remember this place only from my dreams. I don't even remember my childhood. Heck I don't even have a childhood"

"Lisa, take this"

"What? A fortune cookie? I'm in a mid-life crisis and you give me a fortune cookie?"

"Go on... eat it"

She ate the cookie and took the note.' If you keep looking at the past, you wont have a future'

"Are you sure you didn't plan it?", she asked.

"Nope. Pure coincidence. But look. Who cares about the past? We have all the time in present and future only for making memories. if you forget your memories, No problem, We'll make new ones now. So don't ever worry about your past."

"I honestly didn't expect you to say these words, but it was nice. thanks"

"Come let's make sandcastles"

"Hold on mister I 'm not making sand castles with you"

"Why?", I asked and gave her puppy dog eyes.

"Because our ultimate sandcastle showdown starts now", she said and ran to find a spot.

I followed her, smiling like an idiot.

Iris POV

 I am going to Mark's house. Why? no reason. Just felt like annoying him. But when I reached his house I was shocked. Why is the brightest house in the lane dull? Did he get hit somewhere? Nah, that's not even a possibility.

Did...
By chance....
cutiepie die?

Without wasting another minute, I barged in. Mark was sitting in a corner and crying. Cutiepie was nowhere to be found.

So cutiepie did die. But I was playing with him just yesterday. He didn't deserve it.

"Mark", I touched his shoulder. He hugged me.

"I know you don't deserve this. But Life can be cruel sometimes"

"but why me?"

"That is what life is.. but we have to move on. It can be hard I know but these are the situations that make us strong from inside."

"But.. I feel like I have lost her forever"

Her? poor boy is so sad that he forgot his own dog's gender

"Nothing is permanent. What is meant to happen, will happen. No point in dwelling the past. Come let's bury him. Let him rest in peace"

"Bury Who?"

"Cutiepie. I know you are broken-"

"cutiepie? What happened to him? Why are you saying those evil words?"

"come on Mark, accept that he's dead and move on"

At the same time cutiepie came out from the kitchen.

"Cutiepie isn't dead?", I asked.

"Why would he be?"

how can you think that Iris. This is sooo embarassing.

"So why the hell were you crying dumbass?"

"I broke up with Lisa.",he said calmly

"Ohh... ok... Wait what?"

"You heard me right"

"you know what? let's get a cup of coffee"

"What if I don't wanna come"

"then I'll drag you"

"fine. I'll come"

Over the ride, he was very silent. Which was really unlikely.
"hey why are you silent?"

"Well you don't like it when someone talks wile you are driving"

"Don't sulk. you look ugly and I have gotten used to your noise. so fill me in with the details of your breakup"

After that, He said to me why he broke up with her. Though I hate to admit this,the kid was thoughtful. Even I would have done the same. Hell I did the same years ago. So I know exactly how it feels.

We came to the cafe. I stopped the car.

"you know what?", I asked.

"What?"

"What you did was right. It may be extremely painful, but it was right. Not many people will get why you did this, but I do. I really do.", I said and hugged him.

"Whoa. That's the nicest thing you have ever said to me"

"Don't get used to it. Now what do you want?"

Zayn POV

I was heading to my regular place to grab coffee. When I saw two people hugging. When they parted, I saw Iris. Wait ...my Iris? Did she really move on? So am I the one who's unable to move on? I thought she still had a bit of feelings left for me. But I'm wrong.

It hates to see the person Whom you love together with some other person. But I hope she's happy. We are like parallel lines, never meant to be together.

Even if she has moved on. I will never. I will always love you and only you Iris.

Iris POV

When I turned back I saw someone. It looked like Zayn. What was he doing here? confused I went into the cafe to order espresso. Espresso was me and Zayn's favorite. Why? may be it was because espresso is like our relationship- bittersweet.

A/N: and yeah that's the end of double update and this long af chapter.