The Aftermath

Alex POV

I went inside to see a depressed Lisa. Where is Iris when you need her? She might be a bit cold but she'll exactly know what to do. Ugh.... What should I do now? I have never dealt with a heart broke girl before.

"Hey Lisa", I called her, unsure of what to do.

"Oh... You are back and you bought dark chocolate too. Fantastic!!!"

Damn, this girl has good acting skills. but... why does it feel like a storm coming.

"Hmm... Yeah. Dark chocolate... You like them right?", I said scratching my head.

"Alex"

"hmm"

"Can I ask you something?"

"You can ask me anything"

"Are you really my mate?"

Should I answer her or not? 'coz me being her mate is the main cause of her breakup.

"Hey you wanna eat something? I'm really hungry", I said attempting to change the subject.

"I asked you a question"

"yeah.. I know. Do you wanna see what else I bought"

"Alex, your alpha demands an answer"

Why the hell did I tell her that she's our alpha... She's already using it as a weapon. Screw yourself Alex.

"Y-yes", I said.

"Louder"

"yes"

"Then what he said must be true. I still had a small hope that all of this is some sort of terrible prank", she said and started crying.

"Lisa, Take this chocolate"

"What? I'm going through a heartbreak and you want me to eat chocolate?"

"Listen. I'm not good with words but you know what they say? this too shall pass."

She looked at me without blinking. So I think this works.

"You know Lisa, heartbreak is really painful. I'm saying this because I have experienced it too. Not once but twice."

"What? all this time you knew I'm your mate, but still you didn't bother to wait for me. You dated two people already."

"WILL YOU JUST LET ME COMPLETE? The first time when you were kidnapped and the second time when he showed up"

"So that's why you were sad that day, huh!",She smirked.

"Yeah you wish. But anyways, It's what that makes us really strong. It's what that makes us discover who we really are"

"I've discovered myself Alex"

"You did?"

"of course, I'm your mate. can you not doubt my potential?"

"Yeah... Wait what? You are my mate? which means you wanna give us a chance?"

"I do. But not right now. I have got a lot of things on my plate and the last thing I want now is a relationship"

"I can understand you Lisa. I've waited for 9 years. Waiting some more for you won't hurt. Just remember I'm always there for you"

"thanks", she said wiping her tear.

"Now come on I wanna take you somewhere"

"Suree"

A/n: One done... one on the way