Chapter 13 - Hospital Birthday

~Tate's Point Of View~

Today is Erin's birthday. Unfortunately I'm at the hospital with my mother. I chose this over going to her house right now for her birthday. Mama is getting a lot of tests done and it's going to basically be a whole day thing. I can't leave her and Pa alone. I'm their anchor when they need it.

I feel horrible for not being with her but she understands. I talked to her yesterday till she fell asleep on the phone. She wasn't mad at me for doing this. She actually wanted me to. She told me she'll have many more birthdays to celebrate or we can do a late party. I wanted to take her out to dinner but on Sunday since she was starting up this job so she can start working with children.

I have to say that she is on special woman. So much she has done. She knows Bo is leaving in a week. She has been trying to help out and make sure that he is going to go on tour. She said that she'll be there for me, which means I'll be strong for mama and pa. That made him more at ease but not much.

Right now I was sitting in the waiting room all by myself. Well there were other people but not with me. I had my phone in my hand just waiting for Erin's next text. I sat back and looked up at the TV which had the news on. I sighed because I've always hated the news. I then felt my phone buzz and looked down and it was Bo. Damn it. I just wanted Erin to text back already.

"How is mama?" Bo texted me.

"I don't know. I haven't had dad come tell me or have been able to come back. We've only been here an hour." I told him. He got back to me quick.

"How are you?" He asked. I smiled. Bo was always worried about everyone. I have to say he is a better anchor than I am but when it comes to mama I'm more protective.

"I'm bored, hating this waiting, and a little upset I don't have Erin here because it's her birthday."
"Let her know I said happy birthday from Kendyl and I…. She is a very understanding woman Tate. She'll be okay with this. You'll make it up to her in many ways. Haha. Hey, I'm having Kendyl over tonight. I'm cooking. I'm gonna ask her to come on tour and have all my sides covered."
"Good luck with that. She is a hardass." I chuckled out loud.

"Yeah she is. Any news with mama let me know okay?"

"I will, love ya brother." I texted.

"Love you too." Bo said and I just sat my phone on my lap.

I looked around again which I have probably done a hundred times in this hour that I've been here. I then stared at the vending machine. I did feel a little parched so why not. I got my ass up and went over to the machine getting myself a Pepsi. I then looked at the chips and saw my pa and mine favorite. Lays plain potato chips.

I sat down about to munch down on my chips but then my phone vibrated again. I took a sip of my drink first before I looked at my phone seeing that it was Erin. She sent me a picture of her in what she is wearing for her birthday. It was a cute low cut top with shorts and sandals. Her hair was braided to one side and she didn't have any make up on. What natural beauty she had that made me go crazy.

"You look so beautiful in that baby." I sent back to her.
"I wish you could be here in person to see it. I'm glad you're with your mama though. I'm proud to have such a wonderful boyfriend." She sent back in response.

"I'm lucky to have such an understanding girlfriend that is so beautiful in anything she wears. Is so considerate. Is extremely smart. She is also beyond amazing may I add." I knew that would put a huge smile on her face. Her cheeks would slowly get a pink color since that defiantly would make her blush.