Chapter 22 - Reporter

~Tate's Point of View~

It's been six months since my tragic accident. We found out that it was actually Erin's father. How Ironic? He was drunk. He got charged with DWI DUI and leaving the scene of an accident. I didn't charge him with anything because well, that's my girlfriend's father. I was not going to do that. He is a broken man for some reason. I shouldn't help put him deeper.

Erin has been the best thing ever for me. She has been there every single day. She has been to every session at my rehabilitation to walk right again. I'm walking very well and go for walks with her every morning before she goes to work.

I made her go to work. I was not letting her miss out on the first day of her being a teacher. That day she came home hugging me tight and thanking me for making her go. She adored kids and I know she would be a great mother. Not only because she is a good teacher but because of how well she took care of me. She hardly let my mama help. This woman is a woman I ought to love for the rest of my life.

Bo and Kendyl's wedding is not until he is done tour. They also want to do it before he starts his next one. They pushed it back because they wanted to make sure that I was walking in the wedding. He knew I would be so pissed since I'm the best man and would be in a wheel chair.

Bailee found this boyfriend named Alex. We hardly see her since she started dating him. Young love right? She is almost as bad as I was. Jump from guy to guy. Hey, just don't call my sister a whore. She doesn't get paid for it and times are different now. I'd punch any man in the face if he hurt my sister or called her a whore.

Bryson and Brandy are still enjoying their baby. He told me he is not getting married anytime soon. He is trying to do online courses for Florida State now. They are giving him a better deal than any other college. He also wants to stay around home because of Bentley.

I am doing wonderful right now. I just drove to Nashville Channel 10. It's the major new's station now in Nashville. They offered me a new position to be a reporter. I would go out and be on TV. This could help be my break. This would also be better for if I want to live a simple life with Erin. She isn't too far into me becoming an actor. I know it worries her if I start drinking again, or see other actresses and want them.

I walked into my parent's house with a grin plastered on my face. Mama was in the kitchen cooking dinner. Erin got home at 4:30 so this means she'll be here soon. I'm going to announce the good news over dinner. She will love it. I hope. This will make a normal life come out. If it's to make Erin happy, I'm going to do it.

Pa was sitting on the couch watching baseball. I decided to go and sit with him while we waited for food to be done. Bailee was obviously not home. This house got empty really quick. Bryson and Brandy did fully move in here. Bentley does run around and mama loves to take care of the baby while Bryson's busy with school or work and Brandy is busy with the same.

Pa and I are really close especially after the accident and mama's cancer. We hardly ever get into confrontation unless it has to do with sports or a competition of some sort. I smirked when I heard the front door open. Pa looked at me and smiled knowing I was smitten by this woman. I got up quickly to great my beautiful girlfriend at the door.

"Hey gorgeous." I said bringing in Erin for a kiss. She seems a little down. "How was work?" I asked.

"Fine. The kids were good. I'm hungry." She said down and out.

"What's wrong?" I asked her. She looked at me and frowned.

"Did you go out today?" She asked. I nodded. "And?" Oh, she's upset if I don't have a job. She doesn't want me to get lazy and rely on my parents.

"I'll tell everyone my day at dinner." I tried to hide my surprise. She shrugged off her coat and I took it and put it up. "I love you." I said as I walked into the kitchen.