Chapter 27 - Thomas James Bryan

~Bo's Point Of View~

I can't believe I'm about to be a father. Early this morning around 2 am Kendyl's water broke. We were both scared and nervous for what was to come. The longer Kendyl was waiting for little man to come the more in pain she became.

I could only imagine the pain the she has been going through all day. She has told me it was slight pain at first but now since we are at the hospital and she is so close to delivering that she is in major pain. She also said that she will not have any pain medication to get her through this. I couldn't believe that she would refuse that but she's strong and I know she can do it.

Everyone was here with us. Mama and Papa were sitting in the room while Jason and Jess were also in here. Tate and Erin popped in and out every now and then to check up on Kendyl. Bailee was skived out by how much pain Kendyl was in so she mostly stayed in the waiting room with Bryson, Brandy, Keeley, Chester, and Bentley.

It is almost 8 at night and that means that Kendyl has been in labor for 20 hours now. She is beyond any point in being calm or relaxed. I stayed by her side holding her hand and continuously moving her hair out of her face. Mama was sharing her birthing story about me with Kendyl.

"Honey, I didn't really take anything with any of my kids. When Bo was born, oh boy he was the fat one. I think he was the worst out of all of them and I had twins." She laughed. "It's more of the unknown feeling I would say but it all pays off in the end. Once he is out and you get to hold him in your arms after Bo cuts that cord. You'll forget all about any of the pains because that crying baby with all 10 fingers and 10 toes staying close to you makes life the greatest thing. You'll always have something to live for and look forward to. Walking, talking, school, dances, girlfriends, friends, the troubles and so forth. If this baby comes out like either of you, you're both fine."

"Nikki's right. Both of you were great babies. Hardly cried. Slept through the night most nights. Hardly got sick. Loved to be held and hug. You'll understand us when you get to deal with it all." They both smiled.

"I remember how many times I changed a shitty diaper." Pa said. We all looked at him and laughed. Even Kendyl.

"Of course that's what you'll really remember." Mama told his tapping on his hand. He smirked.

"I also remember tickling Bo. He was the one that would tickle back." I shook my head now hearing stories of when I was a kid.

"He also wanted to be a fish." Mama said.

"Hey! I thought that if I became a fish, I'd catch more. Gain their trust and then wham! Got em." I smirked. Pa smiled.

"That's my boy." Pa said happy.

We waited about 10 more minutes of talking until the doctor came in. It was now time for the baby to be born. I had to go get ready in scrubs and wash my hands to make sure I was fine for when the baby came out. They had to get Kendyl all ready and put her into another room. Her mama was going to be in the room with us while the baby is being delivered.

Once we got to where the baby was going to be born I stayed right by Kendyl's side holding her hand but watching as the doctors started to tell Kendyl to push. I've heard a lot of my friends and other men tell me that it is not the best sight to watch or it creped them out. I personally thought this was beautiful. When the head started to crown I could feel Kendyl gripping on my hand more.

I kept encoring her though the whole thing. TJ was slowly coming out but as he did I watched every second of it. Once his feet were pulled out and I heard his cries. I knew right then that I had made a life with my wonderful wife and I would love this child no matter what.

The doctor let me cut the cord and guided me to do it. They then wrapped up TJ and put him in Kendyl's arms. Her mother was taking photos of us just looking at our baby and touching him. His cries quieted down as we talked to him. He held onto my finger and I smiled wider than I ever have before

Once they were done getting his prints, filling out the information, and all that doctor stuff we got to go back to a room and have him with us. That is where our families came in. Mama was the first one in with the biggest smile on her face and Pa was a few short seconds behind her. Kendyl let her hold the baby and you could see mama in her complete happiness.

I saw Pa looking at Ma and smiling wide. He put his hand on her back and then looked at us.

"He looks like you after you were born Bo." Pa said.

"I might have to agree from the pictures Mama Bryan showed me." Kendyl added.

"This is bringing back so many memories. Remember what you sang to put Bo and me to sleep Luke?" Mama asked him. Pa looked at her and thought then smiled.

"Baby's on the way. You're favorite song of mine."

"Still is. Besides Crash My Party." Tj started to fuss. "Shhhh TJ. Memaw is here." Mama cooed to him. He instantly got quiet.

I made sure to snap a picture of mama with the baby and pa putting his hand on mama. Our whole family wanted to hold the baby and Kendyl started to get tired; well more than what she already was. We got the whole family to finally leave so Kendyl can get some rest. I had the baby in my arms as Kendyl was passed out sleeping peacefully.

I looked down at my son who was wide away and didn't know what to do probably. I smiled down at him and he just looked at me. I hope he is as good as a baby as my mama and jess's mom said we were. I know that we are probably going to have his misfit nights but most of the time he should be fine. I just don't want to go anywhere until Kendyl is fully capable of doing this on her own and won't get stressed out. Also to where the baby is going to be able to come on tour.

Tj yawned and it made me smiled. I decided to sing him to sleep. Something I remember from my childhood that my mama sang.

"A life's so precious. A life's so long. The worlds so big but you're so small. I'm glad your mine. You got all your fingers and your toes. You may be weak but that's okay because I am here to save the day. I'll take care of you your whole life. I'll see you smile I'll see you cry. I'll watch you run and I'll watch you fall. I pick you up and make you fly. You're my baby. You're all mine." I sang. I smiled because Tj was fast asleep.

"That's a cute song." I heard Kendyl say. I looked over to her.

"Mama use to sing it to all of us when we were little. She made it up. She said one day she just started humming and words came out when she was rocking me in my nursery. She said she used it for all of us since. Always made us shut our mouths and go to sleep." I smiled looking down at Tj.

"How about you get some sleep too Bo. You look exhausted." Kendyl said.

"After I put him in that crib thing and you shut your eyes. The nurse will wake us when TJ needs more food or whatever." I said hardly able to think. That is when I knew I was tired.

"Okay." She smiled. I got up and leaned over to kiss her. Trying my hardest not to make Tj cry. I got him in his crib and went back to the chair. I pulled it closer to Kendyl and held her hand. I rubbed it as she slowly drifted back off to sleep with me right behind her.

___________

20 Votes

Please Comment :)

What do you think about Kendyl and Bo's baby boy?

What do you think about the song? (It's not a real song. I made it up.)

What do you think is in store for Bailee? (Hint hint next chapter)

Thank y'alls for reading

-Pup