Chapter 23 - Old Dates

~Nikki's Point of View~

My hair was growing a lot more. It felt so soft and smooth coming back. I fixed it up nicely because Luke was taking me out on a date. When he told me that this morning I was beyond happy. I couldn't wait for the date. I was thinking about what I was going to wear all day. I even had Bailee help me out. She could tell how happy I was.

"Mama. Calm down. It's a date with dad. You've been on hundreds." She laughed.

"Lee. It's been so long since I've been on a date with your father. I want it to be wonderful just like all the other ones. I want to look beautiful even though he says I could wear a potato sack and look great." I told her.

"I get it. Don't worry we will make you look beyond amazing."

Bailee and I went through the closet and decided to do something simple yet nice. She brought out my cut at the knee's tight jeans. Luke loved those. She brought out nice sandal heels. A top that showed my right shoulder so that means a strapless bra.

Bailee let me get dressed in the bathroom and then when I was done she came in. She got out my makeup and looked at it. I laughed knowing she was like me when I was younger. Hardly knew what to do with it so eye liner and some kind of shadow would work.

I did my eye liner while she looked for the perfect shadow color. When she found it I put it on and then -looked t myself. I think I looked stunning. Bailee and I went into the living room where Bentley and Brandy were. Bentley looked up at me and giggled. I smiled and she looked at me. She looked tired.

"Dang mama Bryan. You're looking hot. You're 30 right?" Brandy said.

"Oh stop you know I'm 58." I told her. She smiled.

"Quit fooling us all then. Papa Bryan looks like he is in his late 40's. You two know how to keep yourselves right." I smiled.

"Well thank you. You look tired Brandy." I told her.

"Yeah. This one didn't want to sleep last night and is wired today." I went next to her and she let me take him off her lap.

"You giving mama a hard time there little booger?" I asked him and he smiled with his little kid laugh. "Brandy, this weekend go out with Bryson. You two need a break. I got Bentley." I told her.

"Really? You sure?" She asked surprised.

"Like I said. If you ever need a break. Let me take care of him. I can do one or two at a time in my old age. If you have 5. Luke and I might need a little help." I said. She laughed.

"Thank you so much!" She said hugging my side. I looked at Bentley.

"Memaw is gonna spoil you kiddo." I said with a smirk. Brandy laughed.

"Who's spoiling who?" Luke asked. He probably just walked through the door.

"Mama Bryan said you two will watch Bentley for the weekend so Bry and I can have a few days off." Brandy told Luke.

"Oh are we now?" I heard amusement in Luke's voice. I stood up with the baby in my arms. I smiled and nodded. "Well dang baby. You make me look like an old man taking my daughter out." Luke joked. I blushed and smiled.

"Why don't you think of it as you got a hot mama on your side, old man." I smirked. Luke took Bentley from me.

"You see what memaw calls your pawpaw? Old man." Luke held him up to his face. "You think it's funny don't you?" Right then Bentley giggled. I smirked. "Of course you do." Luke smiled. He handed Bentley off to Brandy. "You ready to go hot mama?" Luke said putting his hand out. I grabbed it and he pulled me closer and held my hand. "Bailee make sure nothing is broken when we get back?" Bailee rolled her eyes.