Chapter 20 - The Big Question

~Bo's Point Of View~

My palms are sweaty and my knees are weak. I have never been this nervous. It's New Year's Eve and Kendyl and I are spending it in Ocean City Maryland. I have everything ready. I just had a picnic on the beach with her. While we sip our wine. She is bundled up as well as I am. We have a blanket over our legs and a small little camping light for a little bit of shining.

A lot of people are out here. I have it set to a minute before I'm going to start everything.

"Bo this is beautiful." Kendyl said with a huge smile on her face. I smiled back at her. She had no clue.

"I can think of a few things more beautiful." I told her. She raised her eyebrow.

"What are they?" She asked turning towards me.

"Well for one, that beautiful smile of yours. Those beautiful blues you look at me with. That beautiful hair that just flows down your shoulders. Last but not least…" I said leaning closer to her and putting my hand on her cheek. "You." I said leaning in all the way and kissed her. We both ended up jumping because a warning firework went off. It was 5 minutes. She and I laughed at the same time.

"You're so cheesy cowboy." She said still letting out a few giggles.

"I can become cheesier. Want to see?" I asked with a smirk.

"No just calm down and hold me." She demanded in her cute way. She crawled over to me and was in between my legs. I put my arms around her and pulled up the blanket around us.

We sat in silence for 3 minutes. I then felt my phone buzz. I knew it was time and I had to quickly do this. I told her nicely to move so I could get up. I then helped her up. I stood in front of her with our hands together. Her smile was wide. This is perfect. She is not going to expect this. I then got my phone out and showed her a little over a minute till the fireworks. I then wanted to put my phone in my hoodies pouch but it was so I could grab the box with the ring.

I got it out and tried to hide it but I know she probably noticed I had something. I just looked in her eyes which memorized me. I got out of it quickly. I smiled at her and then released her other hand. I have to do this. I have the balls to do this.

"You love me right?" I asked with a smirk. She giggled and nodded.

"Of course. I told you forever." She said going to get a kiss but I stood back a little. I then went down on one knee and she put both her hands over her mouth.

"Kendyl Williams. This has been the best year of my life with you. With all the bad that has happened, you were there right next to me. From the day at that bar to right here on this cold beach about to bring in the new year with me. I love you with all of my heart and wouldn't want to live another day without you. You are the only thing that keeps me together. I will fight for you every day if I ever had to. I want to make you mine. Now would you do me the honors in bringing in this New Year with marrying me?" I asked. Kendyl was crying. I kept the speech short hoping she would say yes quickly. I then heard the first firework get set off.

"Yes! Bo! YES!" She said louder with each word. She choked it all out nodding at the same time. I smiled and put the ring on her finger then stood up and put my baby girl in my arms and kissed her.

The fireworks were going off on one side of us. There was cheering and clapping from the other side. Kendyl finally pulled away with me and rested our foreheads together. I looked down into her eyes and saw bliss. That's how I felt at this point. She must have just realized the clapping because her head jerked towards it.