Chapter 21 - Tate's Set Back

~Tate's Point of View~

It's finally spring and I'm walking around Nashville. Bo is in Texas doing some video thing. He has me looking around for the best Tux's there is. Which I already knew where to go but he had me check out a few other places.

Erin is home with mama. They are doing something to get her ready for a full time position. I walk past a few bars not even thinking about going in to stop. I actually have calmed down a hell of a lot. I smiling thinking that it is all because of Erin too.

I look and see that I have to cross the street. I notice that it is clear. I start whistling and thinking about going back to college next semester when everything just got knocked out of me. My breath, my thoughts, my sight, and all feelings just left. It all went black....

~Nikki's Point Of View~

"Erin honey?" I called from the office. She walked in with more paper.

"Yes?" She asked.

"What are you hungry for?" I asked feeling my stomach start to growl. She shrugged.

"Don't know. Why don't I call Tate and see if he can bring us home some pizzas since he is out. Want me to ask Papa Bryan if he is hungry?" She asked.

"I'll go bother him. He's in the garage looking at his Gaiter." I told her.

I set down what was in my hands and walked towards the garage. I could hear Luke cursing up a storm because the gaiter is acting up. I slowly walked in trying not to make a noise but I accidently kicked a piece of the gaiter that was on the ground. Luke shot up and looked at me.

He looked very pissed at first but it quickly turned to a smile. He has been so easy with me since the cancer. He tries to avoid all problems and confrontations. He still makes me think he thinks of me as if I'm fragile. He knows the doctor said I'm fine.

I don't take the way he treats me for granted one bit. I love the way he is no matter what he thinks but I do have to kick his ass every now and then to show him that I'm fine. No. I don't literally kick his ass. Luke came to me and put his arms around me kissing my temple.

"What brings my beautiful young wife out here?" Luke flirted. I scoffed knowing I'm anything but young. I looked up and smiled at him.

"Erin is calling Tate to see if he can get pizzas. Is that okay with you?" I asked sweetly.

"Yes Ma'am. Bo called me speaking of our kids." Luke said.

"What did he have to say?" I asked letting go of Luke and looking at the Gaiter.

"He will be leaving 3 am and wants us to pick him up. Kendyl is busy tomorrow with all the girls for wedding stuff." I smiled thinking of that wedding.

"I call driving." I cheerfully said moving to look at the part of the gaiter Luke had pulled apart. I felt him hold me from behind and put his chin on me.

"Okay. I can allow you to drive my truck." I heard a smirked tone come from his lips. We quickly moved apart as we heard the knock on the door to the house.

"Mama Bryan, Papa Bryan. Tate's not answering the 5 phone calls or 5 texts to his phone." Erin said worried.

"Don't worry. He either left it in his truck or he is busy talking to someone. I've done that enough." Luke smirked. I smacked his arms.

"Sure has. Made me worried half to death."

"This isn't normal for him to do that to me. He always has had his phone on and answered." Erin said really nervous. She walked over to us and looked me in the eyes. "I can feel something is wrong." She let a tear slip. I brought her in for a hug. I looked at Luke.