Chapter 26 - Tate's Leap

~Tate's Point Of View~

Ma and Pa were having a BBQ at their house. Erin and I moved out and found a nice little place closer to both of our jobs. It may not be as big as theirs or Bo's but I really like it. Erin also wanted to decorate most of it besides my man cave in the basement and we both decided on our room.

Kendyl is about to burst any day now. She is a week shy of her due date. We all found out about two and a half months ago that they were having a boy. There is going to be another man in the Bryan Clan. I couldn't help but smile seeing the ultrasound and being unable to wait for the day I'd be able to have a kid. I can only imagine all the joy Bo is going to have now that he'll have his own little fishing and sports buddy.

Erin and I have been really great. Since we had our own place everything seemed even better. I've stayed away from the booze except for parties like this but I would not get trashed. I think New Years and my birthday are the only days I do and Erin is fine with it. Our jobs are also doing great. She was teacher of the year already. Since being with Erin, I haven't had one doubt in my mind that I would want another woman.

Everyone was here and having fun. Bo and my dad were grilling. Bailee had her boyfriend hanging around her the whole time so she basically wasn't doing much. Erin was helping mama with the drinks and talking to everyone. Kendyl was sitting near the grill. Bryson was holding onto the baby while Brandy was probably helping my ma. Kendyl's family was here along with Erin's mom. Then a few of my dad's friends and Bo's were here.

I sipped on my first beer of the night just sitting by the fire pit. It was not dark yet but I wanted to clear my head. I had a huge plan and I wanted to make sure everything was going to go right. Mama knew what I was going to do

I felt hands go on my shoulders and slide down my neck. Then a kiss was placed on my cheek. I knew it was Erin. I grabbed her one hand and brought it to my lips kissing it lightly.

"How's helping mama?" I asked her. She moved  and then came and sat on my lap.

"Good. We were laughing our asses off like normal. Women talk ya know." She said. I just smiled and nodded. "Why are you all by yourself babe?" She asked.

"Started to get a slight head ache out of nowhere. Came over here since it is a little quieter. It's gone now so I can head back but now that you're here." I said covering my ass from thinking. I leaned closer and she pushed my chest back to the chair.

"Oh no no Tate. We are at your parents in the open with other people around. You only get a little." She smirked and leaned in kissing my lips and pulley away as quick as it started. I frowned as she stood up. "Come on. Socialize. Talking to a camera to people over television is not socializing all week." I chuckled.

"I know." I said getting up and putting my arm around her.

We went and talked to a few people and then I walked off to talk to Bo. He was standing behind Kendyl with his hands on her stomach. He was talking to Steven. I walked up and Kendyl looked at me and smiled before looking back at Steven who was talking. I stayed quiet during the conversation until Steven got a call and walked off.

"What's going on Tate?" Bo asked smiling

"Just getting around and talking to people. Erin got me out of my none social moment and made me go be social." I shrugged.

"You're normally the most social person at a party. You alright?" Kendyl asked.

"Just have something on my mind. Nothing bad. I didn't do anything." I let them know that much. Bo just nodded.