Chapter 19 - Bryan Family Thanksgiving

~Nikki's Point Of View~

My alarm was set early. I was so anxious to be able to do this today. I have not been able to do anything like this for a long time. Luke is okay with me doing the thanksgiving dinner tonight now that he knows that Bailee and Erin are going to help me. I was going to get Kendyl to help as well but she is at her father's with Bo most of the day and will be here for dinner tonight.

I got out of bed hyper and happy which woke Luke out of his slumber. He looked at me so confused but I just shrugged him off and went to take a shower. I got dressed in what I was going to wear for dinner and made sure I put on slight make up. I got out of the shower to see Luke was out of bed and did the bedding. I smiled walking out of the room.

When I got downstairs Luke had his pajama pants on and a cup of coffee already made for me waiting. I thanked him and sat down taking a few sips. This was going to be a great day. I could just feel it. I was feeling perfectly fine today. I felt way better than I have in the past year.

I finished my coffee and washed out the cup. I put it away and started to look threw the fridge. I heard Luke laughing at me which made me shut the fridge and look at him. He had his signature smirk on. I put my hands on my hips and just looked at him.

"What?" I asked.

"You." He then smiled and came over to me. He put his arms around me making me stop holding onto my hips. "You are so beautiful." He leaned down and kissed me.

"Maybe I should have shaved my head sooner." I said. We both laughed.

"I don't mean like that. How much energy you have again. It brightens you up like a Christmas tree. Your make up puts back those rosy cheeks that you always have when I tell you things like that. You are looking so much like you use to. How do you hardly age?" He asked with a chuckle. I shrugged and smiled putting my hands on his shoulders. "I'd really like to know. This old man is getting up there in age ya know." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"You're still as handsome as ever. Age really does you well Mr. Bryan." I said with a smirk.

"Well Mrs. Bryan. I'll make sure I stay this good looking." He leaned down and planted a soft, sweet, passionate kiss on my lips. We quickly had to stop by someone clearing their throats.

"This is a kitchen. Not a flop house." Bailee said with a smirk, remembering what Luke said to her.

"Hey sweetheart." I said pulling away from Luke and going to the counter. "Any signs of Tate being home?" I asked.

"His truck." She smiled. Luke and I looked at each other. We high fived.

"Score!" Luke yelled. Then we heard a groan come from upstairs. We looked to see Tate followed by Erin coming down.

"You're so loud. Jesus Christ. I didn’t drink last night but yet I'm hung over." Tate said with pills in his hand as he went to get bottle water out of the fridge.
"On LoOooOve." Bailee teased. I smirked so did Luke. Erin's face was beat red.

"Girl's I have everything written down that we got to do when. I've had way too much time on my hands so everything should go smoothly. If we are a little late or early on most things it's not going to matter." I told them.

"Well the women are already in cooking mode." Luke said smirking putting his hand on my back.

"Only her. Mama is too hyper. Did you sleep?" Bailee asked me.

"Oh yeah. 8 hours. I'm just excited to be doing something this big again. I missed this so we are doing a special thing. No ham this year." Bailee groaned. "We are doing a deer roast." I smirked. Her eyes lit up.