14

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! >;D

Is this a gift? Yes, yes it is! Let's finish this!!

~

Where am I...?

Y/N looked up to see an endless black void, with no sign of life... and dreadfully, with no sign of Hanako.

She faintly remembered what had happened; her head felt as if it split in two, followed by Amane's scream, Yashiro's and Kou's...

But that wasn't Amane, was it?

It couldn't be. Yugi Amane was a person of the past; someone who wouldn't look at her as if they were very close, for they had met only once - in a brief moment at a classroom. Yugi Amane couldn't transform into his ghostly form on the spot; Amane was living, breathing, not yet a Wonder.

That was Hanako, disguised as his former self.

But why...?

Why would he go to such great lengths, to disguise himself and grow close to her? What was so important about her memory that made Tsukasa keep it from her?

'What is so similar about his past and mine?'

As if a shadow could hear her thoughts, a lofty, feminine voice reverberated through the pitch black:

"You know, you ask too many questions."

Y/N stumbled back in shock, hitting the icy cold ground. She whipped her head around, opening her mouth to yell -

No voice came out. She grasped at her throat; it felt hollow... empty.

" That is necessary for you to be happiest in your Picture World. When you're quiet, it helps you listen."

In the darkness, a figure materialized in front of her. First a petite body - then dirty blonde hair in neat braids. Finally, the mysterious girl stopped in front of her, blue eyes lighting up behind rimmed glasses.

"And when you listen, you remember."

Y/N gaped at her, still on the ground. The stranger pushed her glasses with a hum.

"I am Shijima Mei, the Wonder of the Picture World. I was requested by the 7th Wonder to help you return to your roots.

The Picture World will shift to your desires, and if you will it hard enough, it will show you your memories.

I am his last resort, because I will show you your past in the harshest, most brutally honest way possible. And you might go..." She looked for the right words. "... even more quirky."

Y/N tried again to speak; there was much to take in. This time, a slow, steady string of words came out, like a chick hatching out of its shell.

"You'll help me... know... my past...?"

"Unlike me, you are a dying memory. And it is about time you relive who you are."

Suddenly, brilliant streaks of white and gold whirled around her, surrounding them in a painting of light. Once more, Shijima began to disappear, fading into her canvas of color -

" What will I see? " Y/N called, but the voice came as a faint toll to the cry of a transforming world.

"Your clearest reflection." Shijima's voice echoed. "The you that truly lived."

Y/N felt the air significantly drop. Her surroundings had changed. She was in a rundown master bedroom, with peeling gray wallpaper and a popcorn ceiling.