11

Why my writing may be inaccurate:

I have no knowledge of the TBHK storyline beyond the anime other than the few wiki pages and descriptions from some friends... maybe I'll read the manga, but I liked TBHK mostly because of the lore of supernaturals, not the romance of Yashiro and Hanako.

Also! Sorry this took a while, I wanna make this as good as possible. Enjoy!!

(This is my take on the 7 Wonders,  but if anything seems out of place don't hesitate to drop a comment! >;D )

"YOU DID WHAT!"

"I stabbed him. I'm pretty sure it should hold him back for a moment."

"What- did- you stabbed- you-"

Mitsuba threw his hands up in the air frantically.

"We're both in trouble, and it's all your fault!"

"We're both out of the trouble, which is Tsukasa-sama." Y/N corrected, pulling Mitsuba by the arm as they ran down the halls of a moonlit Sukora. The classrooms were empty and ridden of their usual buzz of student chatter; a perfect time to go sneaking out to...

"...Kamome." Mitsuba frowned. "You're visiting him again, aren't you?"

"'Him?'" Y/N turned to her friend as he stopped in his tracks. Even when she held his hand tightly, he didn't move an inch. "And how do you know about Kamome?"

"You think your bonding won't reach the ears of at least one wonder?" Mitsuba rolled his eyes. "He's a 7th Wonder. He's a leading Wonder, at that. And Sewing Girl mentioned he has a pink bunny for an assistant."

"That's true." Y/N nodded.

"He flirted with you. He also pinned you to a tree-"

"Not  true." Y/N cut in hastily, to which Mitsuba rose a brow.

She was glad they had finally reached the bathroom. As Y/N slowly swung open the cubicle door, she looked at Mitsuba expectantly. For the first time, he stayed put.

"Mitsuba?" Y/N queried impatiently.

"Y/N, I don't know this Hanako-guy." Mitsuba looked up at her, frowning. "What makes you trust him so much?"

"Think of Tsukasa's good traits."

The ghost didn't know what his friend was getting at, but with the intensity of her E/C gaze on his, he slowly counted off.

"He saved our lives... he, uh... sometimes helps us-"

"Now think of the bad traits."

Mitsuba instantly grew more confident in his words.

"Touchy, creepy, capricious as the weather, condescending..."

Y/N had a feeling if she didn't stop him, he'd go on for decades. She folded her hands, looking at the wide open crack that would lead to the Rift.

"Hanako is the complete opposite-"

"-are you sure? What with the touchy part-"

"-he doesn't hide anything; I'm even sure I saw a glimpse of his past. If anyone can tell the truth between the two twins, it has  to be him."

Mitsuba pursed his lips, trailing his fingers down his scarf in uncertainty. He was Y/N's assistant, yet she confided in a stranger she had just met over him?

"So he's Tsukasa's brother." He murmured.  "I don't trust him with just that, but I trust you, Y/N."

Y/N brightened up instantly seeing that Mitsuba would roll with her plan again. She rambled on, impervious to him still feeling like he was failing as her second.