2

"7th of the School Mysteries." Tsukasa-lookalike got up, clearly not willing to leave his dignity today. He tipped his hat courteously. "Hanako the Bathroom Ghost."

'Bathroom ghost?'  Y/N narrowed her E/C eyes cautiously, her knife still aimed right above his heart. Somehow, that statement felt like a challenge to her.

"I'm flattered." He grinned, eyes slitted. He laid a finger on her knife, irritating Y/N where she stood as he slowly tilted it away from his chest.

"Already got an eye on my heart? Just don't use a knife!"

"I hate you." Y/N decided instantly.

She retracted her grip, veering the knife in front of his face again. They both stumbled out of the stall, the now-named intruder - Hanako - falling on his back in surprise.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Uh..." Hanako's hat fell over, but his amber eyes were still alight with mischief. "...dying?"

Y/N drew a sharp breath. She couldn't help but feel this stranger was all bark and no bite; in short, no potential to be an intruder.

"I see you're not good with words." She turned to walk away, pulling her knife back to her coat. She was glad her mask hid her relief. She always got uneasy when she held her weapon.

"Go die in your own bathroom stall, Tsukasa-lookalike."

"Tsukasa-lookalike?"  Hanako got up with a start, dusting his uniform.

"That's technically what you are. You're a good shapeshifter, but not good at copying personalities!"

"Shapeshifter?" Hanako scoffed bitterly. "I'm his twin brother."

Y/N crashed into a wall midwalk out of surprise.

"Oh!" Hanako rushed up to her in an instant. Y/N's heart raced. She had dropped the mask!

She got up, hastily reaching out for it. Thankfully, Hanako was already holding it up.

'At least he has manners...'  Y/N thought.

She pulled down her hood, taking the white mask. She was about to thank him, when she realized Hanako was staring at her with wide eyes.

'....or not.'

"Y/N?"  His voice had gone weak with relief.

"Okay, that's a bit of personal information!" Y/N backed up, holding the mask to her chest. She looked at him with a harsh glare, but the smile on his face held nothing but joy. "It's Aka Manto. How do you-"

"You're alive!"

Y/N's eyes went wide in shock as he tackled her in a tight hug. Her face scrunched up in discomfort as he buried his face in her shoulder.

"I knew  it! Your voice was so familiar!" He spluttered weakly, voice devoid of any of the brashness she had seen in him earlier.

"Stop pulling a prank on me now! Let's go back."

Y/N awkwardly let him speak, not finding the heart to stop him when he looked so relieved.

But then he began to wrap his arms around her waist, as if they had known each other their whole life. Y/N pushed him off.

Hanako fell back in shock, his hat getting knocked off. Y/N held her arms in a protective self-hug, looking at him with utmost disgust.

"Ever heard the concept of personal space, Hanako-san?"