18

When she entered the broadcasting room, she was shocked by the sudden darkness. Then she had a heart attack when suddenly all the lights flared open, revealing smiling, familiar faces.

"SURPRISE!!!"

Y/N gawked at the cheering crowd. The Mokke, Tsuchigomori, Natsuhiko, Yashiro, Kou... everyone she had come to know was greeting her warmly.

"You guys..." She began, but couldn't finish. The Mokke waved at her cheerily with their ears, dangling from a banner that read-

WELCOME BACK, Y/N!

She noticed even Sakura, who was usually so stoic, had a smile of relief on her face. Y/N found herself rushing to her, embracing her tightly.

"You guys! I haven't forgotten!" Y/N began to sob, unable to help herself. "I have not forgotten you all! I'm so, so sorry for all the trouble I caused... all the pain you must have been through..."

"No, Y/N. I'm sorry." Sakura said in an uncharacteristic weak voice. "I was the one who led Tsukasa to you in the first place... I slipped the paper crane into your pocket. I didn't know he had such dire plans for you. I should have known better. But I was bound to him, as you were Hanako, and all I thought about was myself..."

"Don't push it on Senpai," Natsuhiko popped by Y/N's side suddenly. "She went through a lot, too, giving up her deal with Tsukasa to save you."

Hanako also floated by, eyeing Natsuhiko warningly. Natsuhiko gulped.

"Th-that's not to say of course, Senpai wasn't at fault... I'm glad you're back, Y/N."

"Enough with the sorries!" Yako scolded, curling by Y/N's feet as the crowd of Wonders and humans began to crowd around her in a big bear hug.

Y/N's tears kept flowing as they huddled in the Broadcasting Room. The affirmations and support coming from all of her friends was...

'Wait. This is not all of them.'

Y/N drew away just in the middle of Yashiro and Kou telling the others of her ghostly adventures in Kamome. She bit her lip and addressed them.

"Guys... where is the Mokke I hurt?"

At this, the pink bunnies around her went quiet. They looked at eachother, then turned to Hanako with a seeking glance.

Hanako nodded solemnly. "I think it's time they met again."

Y/N nervously tugged at her Sakura uniform. Tsuchigomori sensed the sudden seriousness at once, and he gestured for her to follow him.

"Hanako-kun...? What's going to happen?"

Hanako only affixed her with a reassuring smile. "Don't worry. No matter how she responds, we will find a way to figure things out."

"She?! Figure things....?!"

But the parade of pink bunnies were marching at her feet, forcing her to follow Tsuchigomori into another door inside the Broadcasting Room...

When they entered, the festive cheer of earlier was muted. Y/N could see a makeshift bed in one corner of the paneled room, with a tall curtain the color of clinical blue. A familiar silhouette shifted behind it.

"No way... is it really you?" Y/N trembled.

A brunette stepped from the curtain. She closed her eyes for a moment, as if she were nervous for reciting a line she had rehearsed for many times.

"Y/N Tsukira, it's been a while." She smiled weakly, and with them came her red gaze.

"You." Y/N said.