[Prologue]

To live is to suffer.

"Tsukasa, Yugi Amane is my enemy."

Tsukasa looked at her approvingly, hearing those words.

"Rightfully so. And that's why you need to learn how to kill."

He watched in satisfaction as she nodded in agreement, inspecting her knife with interest.

"Can you tell me more about Yugi Amane?"

Tsukasa paused for a moment. Revealing it to her now may just drive her into insanity yet again, just like how she had slain the Mokke. 

But the time would come when he will reveal it. He wanted apparitions and Wonders alike to be free to traverse the humans' world; Hanako, the one who believed in peace and order, was that one obstacle.

With the Rift, he was one step closer to bringing his brother down. Y/N was the final, deathly blow.

'Not yet.' He thought. 'She needs to make her first kill.'

"I'll only say one thing," he said in a guarded tone. "He's from Kamome."

Y/N nodded, but she clearly wanted to learn more.

"What else?"

Tsukasa took a deep breath in. She was eager, but that alone was not enough to fuel one's desire to murder.

"I'll tell you more when you're ready." He said simply.

● ● ●

"Good morning, Y/N!"

"'Morning, Mitsuba."

"What are we gonna' do today?"

"Kill, Mitsuba."

The pink-haired boy shuddered, holding the red scarf wrapped around him a little tighter.

"Does Tsukasa really want to see you kill for the first time?" He winced, looking at her with pity.

"I have no choice," Y/N sighed, crossing her arms and sharpening her kitchen knife. It glinted in the shaft of sunlight pouring from the bathroom's lone window.

"You do  know we owe Tsukasa-sama everything, right? He saved our lives."

"But I know killing is hard for you. Being Aka Manto sure is tough." Mitsuba quietly looked to the side, unable to sympathize.

Y/N stifled a sigh. It was true. It was her duty to be the leading Wonder and protect her other Sukora spirit friends, but she could not even give a person a single scratch.

"It's fine, really!" She rose her chin a little higher, putting on the hood of her red coat. "I'll get the jist of it!"

● ● ●

"I can't  get the jist of it!" Y/N wailed.

Tsukasa's grip on her shoulders grew tighter, his hand on her neck still firm as ever against the wall.

"'Ya think the person will just hear your sentiments and let you go?" He jeered, a smirk on his face. Y/N held unto his wrist with an indignant look, trying to kick him.