16

I can't remember if I spelled the school as Sukora or Sakura, oh well, I'll go with the latter :,)

~

Sakura High, Sewing Room, a few hours earlier...

Mitsuba was irritated when he felt someone poke his arm. This was the best nap of his life, and something he really needed after almost falling to Tsukasa. So waking up was not exactly his plan. 

He rolled over to his side and shut his eyes tight as he heard Sewing Girl's voice.

"Mitsuba, you really should wake up. Something's happening."

He buried his face in his scarf. If he looked sleepy enough, she would go away.

"Mitsuba! All the Sakura wonders are being summoned, and that includes you!"

He bolted upright in frustration, throwing his patched blanket aside. The chairs he was sleeping on toppled over.

"Look, I need time to heal, alright?! I still have blood!" He stretched his neck and pulled the scarf away. Spirits could naturally recover, but it took time. The knife cut was still fading away to a scar. "So unless it's about Y/N or her sappy boyfriend, don't wake me up-"

"It is about Y/N." Sewing Girl hissed.

Now Mitsuba was fully awake. He followed the 1st Wonder to the curtained windows, and she pulled one aside by an inch so he could peer out.

The moon was high in the sky. Outside, in the wide grassy field where Sakura students would play sports and hosts events, all the Sakura Wonders were gathering from different corners. Moonlight shone through their half-translucent forms as they headed for the middle of the field.

"What's going on out there? Who called us?" Mitsuba turned to Sewing Girl. She stared back with frightened eyes. 

"I don't know. Only our leader Aka Manto has the power to host a spirit gathering. But since Y/N isn't here... maybe its her subordinate?"

"No." Mitsuba held back a choke. "Her subordinate? You mean her master?"

He whipped the curtains shut, wrapping the scarf around his head like a hood. Whatever Tsukasa was up to, it was no good. And somehow his new plan was always worst than the last. He tried to hide his face as he headed out the door.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Sewing Girl ran after him.

"Can you try hiding me from view?" Mitsuba whispered as their feet met grass. "You see, Y/N's boss thinks I'm dead, and he's evil and probably wants her dead too..."

"Woah. Slow down." Sewing Girl said. "Y/N's boss tried to kill you?"

"Yes. You've met him before; he checks on the Wonders with Y/N. His name is Tsukasa." Mitsuba whisper-hissed. "That rat-face is more dangerous than you think. I promise I'll explain everything. For now... can you keep me hidden?"

The Sakura Wonders were near them now; he could see the Orphaned, the 5th Wonders, playing around his feet. They were the same size of the Mokke Hanako had brought - they were all black, shaped like little blobs, and wore little creepy noh masks. 

One of them stopped and stared at Mitsuba, its mask's painted eyes narrowing. Sewing Girl slapped it away, and it shrieked - "MAMA!"

"I'll do my best." She whispered back to Mitsuba. She had a hundred questions on her face, but didn't push him. He silently thanked her.

They pushed onward through the crowd of Orphaned, which had now formed excited piles to see the front field. Mitsuba bumped into a hooded figure, who scowled.