7

(Edited as of Wed, Aug 3, 2022)

I felt I was insinuating something bad! Anyway, please enjoy!

~

"Hello?" Past Hanako waved a hand in front of Y/N worriedly.

"Oh!" Y/N started.

"Uh, yes! I'm Batch 1951... same as you..."

Hanako peered over her curiously, and Y/N felt greatly uncomfortable.

"Are you?" Hanako mumbled. "How come I felt I've never seen you before?"

"Maybe Tsukasa did?" Y/N suggested cheerily.

"Ah." Hanako shook his head with fright, suddenly looking terrified at the notion. "I don't think so. He would've... he would've done bad things to you by then."

She watched, bemused, as past Hanako tried to collect himself, shifting on the ground uncomfortably.

'He's so different!' Y/N thought with worry and wonder. 'He's so shy, reproachful, and unsure! Tsukasa is still the same, though.'

Suddenly, a dark thought passed her by.

'If Tsukasa is so unbothered, what has he done to him?'

"Hey." Y/N inched closer to him. Hanako stumbled back with surprise.

'So jumpy, too!'

"Uh..." Hanako stammered. "S-sorry..."

"No, no. It's okay!" Y/N mumbled gently. Hanako relaxed a little as she finally came closer.

She felt a weird sense of familarity about how nervous he was and all his stammering. She wondered if she'd met someone as shy and doubtful as him before.

"What are you..." Hanako seemed a little shaken as Y/N gently reached for his bruised arm.

"Did Tsukasa do this to you?" She frowned.

Hanako looked to the side, looking guilty. However, he eventually succombed to his trust.

"All of it, yes."

Y/N held back a horrified gasp. Tsukasa always threatened her, but never inflicted punishment. She thought he was just a tease.

'He can actually hurt ruthlessly! And on his own brother!'

"Do you have a bandage...?" Her voice was failing her, throat running dry from all the realizations she was making.

"Ah!" Hanako brightened up, oblivious to her anxiety. "Here."

She watched, nonplussed, as he pulled up rolls of bandage from his pant pockets.

"Why do you carry so much around?"

"When I get injured in Tsukasa's games." Hanako remained guarded with his answers.

Y/N let out a small sigh, but said no more. She got a bandage and gently began to wound it around his arm.

At first he was shaky with her touch, but soon found it comforting. He stayed silent, and Y/N felt a weird feeling of being watched as she finished it.

"You're good at this." He mumbled, half-admiring, half-curious. "Have you had a bandage on your arm before?"

"A bandage on my arm?" Y/N scoffed, thinking of getting injured. She'd never let her enemy lay a finger on her, let alone Yugi Amane!

"Of course I'd never! And I..."

"Then what's this?"

She froze as Hanako held up her right arm, holding it up so her scar could be seen.

Something about it made Y/N's head hurt. She bit her lip, looking away.

"Well I..."

"It looks  like it must've been from a knife." He absently traced a finger along the scar, brows furrowed in worry. "Very deep. A gash at most. Are you sure?"

Y/N choked back a horrified cry. She hated the feeling of familiarity, but she couldn't place it.

"I don't know."

Hanako stifled a sigh.

"It's okay. I wouldn't want to remember it, too."

He let go of her arm. Afterwards, Y/N quickly folded her raincoat over the scar to never see it again.

"I'm sorry you had the misfortune of meeting my brother," Hanako murmured, looking guilty despite the fact that he had no fault. "Tsukasa can be so scary, and I..."

Y/N held his hands. Some weird instinct made her do so, and the stunned look Hanako gave her had a weird sense of deja vu.

'Have I done this before?' Y/N searched her bleak memory desperately. 'Did someone do this to me?'

"Nevermind your brother." Y/N forced determinedly. Hanako looked both relieved and shocked by this sentence.

"I think you're an amazing person. Don't let anyone change that."

"Really?" Hanako's voice was a tiny squeak.

Y/N let out a burst of laughter. Was this really Hanako? She preferred this side of him!

"Do I have to repeat myself?"

"Goodness." Hanako's eyes were beginning to brim with tears again. "You're..."

Y/N nearly fell under his weight as he tackled her in a hug on the floor.

"Thank you!" His arms were wrapped around her, eyes shut tight. Y/N instantly did the same.

'His clinginess and silliness is still there.' Y/N thought warmly. Then, her thoughts grew grim.

'Tsukasa, what have you done to him?'