3

Yashiro and Kou watched anxiously as Hanako entered the Broadcasting Room.

"Well?" Osane pressed. She was just as fidgety and nervous as Y/N's friends.

Hanako had wiped off the grin on his face, looking distraught, tired, and confused. Everyone thought he appeared even frailer than his past condition in the past few weeks.

"She's alive."

Yashiro erupted into a cheer instantly, rushing to meet him, but Kou held her back. He could sense something bad had happened.

"She's alive." Hanako repeated dully.

Everyone grew worried. Why would good news harbor such despondence in the Wonder?

After Hanako took a deep breath in and collected himself, he spoke again.

"And she lost her memory."

Osane's red eyes widened. Stinging tears instantly followed Yashiro's horrified gasp. Kou looked to the side, even more distressed than before.

"Hanako..." The Sukora Wonder started uneasily.

"You were right, Osane." Hanako pushed past her, eyes just as dim as they were before. "She is gone forever."

The old Aka Manto looked away, unable to meet his gaze. Suddenly, a certain greenette barged into the room.

"Sorry to interrupt." Sakura called out monotonously. "But you need to go. Quick. Tsukasa's on his way."

She expected their usual protests, but the room stayed quiet. Only then Sakura noticed the hollow expression on everyone's faces.

"What happened?" Her half-lidded eyes grew into worried, suspicious slits.

Hanako didn't answer, already heading for the door. Kou and Yashiro tried to fill her in, but Sakura ushered them away.

"Tsukasa will have your heads if he finds out you've been meeting here."

The two Kamome students glanced at eachother before taking off together. Osane filed after them.

Sakura approached Hanako before he could isolate himself for the one hundredth time.

"7th Wonder?"

"What is it?" He turned to her dismally.

"It's the injured Mokke." She let out a small sigh. "His friends think he's not going to make it."

Hanako's eyes went wide in an instant.

"I'll be on my way."

● ● ●

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

"I've got to go..." The Mokke weakly squeaked. Another was holding one ear with his own two, as if clasping a hand.

"Please!" Another Mokke squeaked, tears in its little eyes. "Who am I gonna' play cards with? Who am I gonna' share candy to?!"

"All of you are a bunch of sappy idiots." The dying Mokke coughed weakly.

"I hate you." One-eye snapped.

"He's dying!"

"Oh, uh - I love you!"

"Mokke!"

All the pink bunnies turned to look at Hanako stumbling through the doorway, eyes wide.

"Are you coming to see him?" A Mokke hopped down, still sniffling.

"He's not dead, is he?" Hanako anxiously questioned.

"7th Wonder!" The dying Mokke coughed.

Hanako rushed to his side.