6

(Edited as of Wed, August 3, 2022)

I felt I was insinuating something bad! Anyway, please enjoy!

~

"What does that shirt say?"

"'This Sends Me.'"

"Why does it say that?"

"I don't know," Mitsuba shrugged. "But Sewing Girl made it for me, and I'm not taking it off."

Y/N continued to lead a disgruntled Mitsuba through the Rift. He clearly didn't want to be here; she couldn't blame him, though.

Going against Tsukasa's back was both risky and reckless. He would have their heads if they were to be caught.

Finally, Y/N stopped along a staircase. It looked similar to the one she used to enter the library.

"Is this the one?" Mitsuba peered over cautiously.

"I'm sure!" Y/N bravely swung the door open, taking a step forward into thin air.

'Wait... into thin air?!'

Y/N yelled in fright as she fell into an abyss of darkness. She could hear Mitsuba calling out desperately, but it faded into a dim echo.

Many cursewords rang in Y/N's head, but all fell into a painful close once she landed on cold ground with a loud thump!

She let out a gasp for air, but something crashed unto her, suffocating that out of the way.

Mitsuba babbled hasty apologies as he quickly got off of Y/N, red on the face.

"Where are we?" The Sukora Wonder groaned.

"I...." Mitsuba's eyes were wide with anxiety. "....I don't know."

Y/N scrabbled to her feet. At first, she didn't mind the coarse, sandy texture below her. It felt like rock, when suddenly..

'Wait. It's moving.'

"Holy crap!" She hastily rushed up to Mitsuba protectively.

"Whatsa' matter?" Mitsuba stammered, taking a step back. Y/N opened her mouth to answer, but the floor had changed to sweep her off her feet, collapsing in a terrifying rush.

"MITSUBA! THIS IS THE WRONG ROOM!"

The patches on his shirt had ripped off, so that now it fittingly spelled "END ME." He looked at her as if she popped out of an alien planet.

"WRONG ROOM?!"

"WE NEED TO GO BACK!"

"I WANNA DIE!"

Y/N nodded to the endless pit of darkness that leered below them as they scrabbled to get a foothold.

"I DON'T  WANNA DIE!" Mitsuba decided, clinging to a rock for dear life.

"Listen!" Y/N's grip was slackening, but Mitsuba held on as tight as ever.

"Try to contact Tsukasa's kakujoudai! It responds to a whistle! It should take you out!"

"But..." Mitsuba started with relief, before bursting into anger.

"But what about you?!"

"I'll be-"

Y/N slipped for a moment. Mitsuba screamed, but she struggled to get another foothold.

"-I'll be fine!"

The room decided otherwise.

Mitsuba let out an agonized yell as Y/N's hand slipped from another tremor. The last thing he saw was her terrified face as she reached out desperately, engulfed in darkness.