19

All the Kamome Wonders waited.

Y/N had never felt so much tension. Everyone around her - human and spirit - had their eyes locked on a specific door of the Rift - it was straight ahead of them, on the long, wide hall they stood in.

The Rift was a maze of scattered staircases, doors and floors, so that Yashiro and the Mokke peeked down with fear that they may fall into the abyss. The older Wonders, however, looked more grave.

Y/N gazed at Hanako. He held her hand tightly. And suddenly, the crowd around them stirred.

The door had not opened. Instead, a great gray cloud broiled and thundered like a storm, revealing the silhouettes of foreign Wonders within.

"Alas!" Tsukasa's voice was like a frigid bite.

Hanako stepped forward to shield her, but Y/N moved, too. She wanted to fight him as well.

The Kamome Wonders held their ground as the Sakura Wonders' forms materialized. Tsukasa was in front of them.

The twin tilted his head, looking deceptively innocent. "What's this all about, Amane? Why are you getting in my way?"

"What do you want with Kamome?" Hanako demanded, knife glinting in the unnatural red light.

"Something I've always told you, but you wouldn't listen. Our freedom. Our well-deserved reign over humans-" and Tsukasa glared at the living, particularly Sakura. "Really. You're giving up your contract with me for her?"

"She doesn't deserve to be thrown into my business." Sakura coolly replied, crossing her arms. Y/N looked back gratefully.

"But she does." Tsukasa leapt to his feet, and suddenly he was there beside Y/N, hugging her tightly.  "And she deserves punishment."

Hanako's eyes flared. He rose his blade, but it met nothing but cold air, and a trail of laughter.

Y/N clenched her fist, dropping to a defensive stance. In the other side, Temari clapped his hands and sparked a raging fireball in his palms.

Tsukasa popped up in front of the Kamome Wonders again, hands and arms spread out as he grinned.

"Amane, I'm afraid you've brought back another Y/N with you. This is not the one you love. She was reborn to be a murderer. And her time is running up. But you won't let her kill me, will you?"

Hanako glared daggers at him, but said nothing. Tsukasa whirled to the Sakura Wonders.

"But she's already killed our 7th Wonder! She's too dangerous to be left alive!"

"I'm innocent!" Y/N lashed above the Sakura Wonders' angry cry. "I never killed Osane! She killed me!"

"Oh yeah? And where's Osane to tell us that?"

Y/N shut her mouth helplessly. Osane was not with them. Tsukasa daintily lifted a hand to his mock gasp.

"Right. Our precious Aka Manto's dead. Murdered in cold blood."

The anger of the Sakura Wonders heightened. The match was struck.

"ATTACK!" Hanako roared, just as Tsukasa screamed-

"END THEM!"

Y/N had intended to stick with Hanako, so it was to her great terror that suddenly he was gone. Y/N's eyes darted across the fray, searching for him. It had been so peaceful just seconds ago...

Y/N heard a scream and caught a wisp of silver-green hair. She chased after it, dodging a rabid Mokke biting into a screeching Orphaned ("PAPA!") and what looked like a spider leg as big as a house.