To the Readers

OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS, WE DID IT?!?!!?!!?

We did it!!! WOOOO!!!! After 2 years of wondering how to finish this story, crying when I couldn't write it how I wanted, waking up at 2 am with sudden ideas.... we have reached the finish line, and I'm so, so happy!!!!

I have no idea how I can express my gratitude, because it always feels like it's not enough just to type another afterword! So, instead I will tell you, a short anecdote on how important TBHK, and this fanfic is to me...

Like I said in the first book, the idea came to me in a pizza party. It was my little cousin's birthday and all the "fun" stuff was for kids, and back then I liked to think I was "mature" and "knew better." I thought back to how me and my besties at school fawned over TBHK, and I told them, "Hey guys, what if Yashiro was a little more edgy?" And then - then and there, in that world-changing moment - the writer in me sparked alive, and it would continue to, for days to come.

When I first wrote To Live there were barely any TBHK fanfics and it made me sad, because I believed TBHK was an awesome anime and deserved tons. So I forced my shyness way and published the first chapter. A month sped by... and we were at 1k votes, and younger me, an absolute simp for Hanako and devourer of all things supernatural, never ran out of ideas to share, until finally I wrapped it all up by To Live's 41st chapter.

I'd already made an outline for how the sequel would go, but then the unexpected happened. Quarantine came, and the rules became stricter. It was a great shock to me, not to go outside like I wanted, and the new method of online schooling stressed me so much I wound up with a disease.

You may notice, my writings got confusing at one point in this book. I can't recall clearly, but I hypothesize I wrote those when I was just recovering from the illness. By then, it had been 2 years since Season 1 of TBHK ended. My love for it had faded, and I found myself struggling to find the will to finish this book.

Then, this year's August, I tried to reread To Live to get my motivation back. The votes, art, and comments all reminded me of how much I owed all of you, and my mind went snap! 'They made you who you are! Without the readers' support, you wouldn't be so passionate about writing as you are today.'

And so, the "To Live", "Who Dies" saga was finished. Again, thank you all so much. If you're a reader, I hope that you enjoyed the ride! And if you're aspiring to be a writer, never, ever give up! 

Thank you for patience. Thank you for your support, the 3 am crackhead comments, your encouragement, and for believing in me, as your author.

Thanks for joining me in this wonderful journey, and though this is the last chapter, this is not the end!

(This book finished on August 9, 2022!)