5

Y/N stealthily slunk from tree to tree, her red coat billowing behind her. However, the dense foliage of the undergrowth hid her well.

Too bad there weren't enough trees around; stealth was her greatest strength, and Hanako wanted to fight in the open.

She shrank lower in the few trees of Sukora's football field, watching Hanako carefully as he trodded on the grass. He looked way more intimidating with a cape, she thought. It flew menacingly in the wind, and his knife glinted in the sunlight.

'I keep staring at him.'  Y/N realized with a jolt.

She shook her head, whipping out her own knife. Pinpointing where she'd take a blow, she leapt down, triumphantly smiling when she realized she would hit him.

But then Hanako whipped around.

Y/N gasped as she was suddenly tackled to the grass with a harsh blow. It sent a great rack of pain through her body.

'This is way more rougher!'  Y/N seethed anxiously, gritting her teeth to contain the pain. 'Earlier, his training wasn't as harsh!'

"Oh? You're staring?" Hanako taunted with a snarky grin, pinning her down. Y/N stiffled a laugh at his voice ; it was a tone lower for the dramatic effect of an enemy's.

"Go easy on me!" She pleaded, breaking out of character. Hanako watched in amusement as she tried to squirm out of his grip.

"'Go easy on me'?" He leaned down to meet her eye-to-eye. Y/N shivered a little at the change of voice; it was not only low, but husky.

'It's just his voice. Don't let his voice take an effect on you! What the heck, Y/N?!'

Suddenly, an idea came to mind. Surprise was Hanako's greatest element. She would use it, too.

Y/N loosened up, forcing herself to go limp. She threw her head to the side as if she were dead.

She held her breath as Hanako's grip on her suddenly slackened.

"Y/N?" He asked, suspicious.

She did not move. Hanako began to shift uneasily on top of her, voice lifting in anxiety.

"Y/N? Was I too rough?"

'He actually thinks I'm hurt?!'  Y/N nearly snorted, but she kept her amusement. Now was the time to attack.

Catching the Kamome Wonder off guard, she sprung to her legs, bowling him over.

Hanako's eyes widened at the jarring shift of position. Y/N had tackled him firmly on the grass, knee on his chest.

He reacted instantly with the hilt of his knife on her neck, but Aka Manto was quicker. She pushed it down with her own knife.

Y/N stared him down with a victorious smirk. Hanako showed no sign of frustration; only great delight.

"Good..." He coughed weakly, forcing a grin through his pain.

She realized she was still on top of him. Y/N awkwardly shuffled away, floating off.

Hanako let out a little sigh of relief, getting up. To be polite, the Sukora Wonder scrambled away to get his hat.

He looked to the side in embarrassment as she gingerly placed it on his head. Y/N looked up expectantly.

"Well?" She gushed. "Was my fighting okay?"

"Awesome!" Hanako bursted, looking giddy. It was like the pain he had felt before never happened.