Chapter Thirteen: Goodnight

Chapter Thirteen

A/N Thanks Bloss for the inspo of the animals - although you don't know it!

We drove in silence.

The quiet, although comforting, left me to my thoughts which were mostly about George... and me... and a bed.

Oh God. What had I gotten myself into? Why did I have to make this deal with George - of all people?!

Cassie, it's normal for you to think like that. You're a slut after all.

Yes. Right. But then what was with the feelings of security and care that George gave me?

I had no idea.

Time passed swiftly as he pulled up into his drive and I found myself in awe once again at the beauty of his house. It questioned architecture. The barn conversion style which suited a farm house still managed to look like a work of art with the huge windows displaying the large staircase hanging over the kitchen.

I sat in the car for many moments observing the small farm animals, ducks, chickens and even some peacocks wandering around the yard. I took in the vegetable patch at the top of the garden and the empty garage.

"Cassie? You coming?" George asked, interrupting my thoughts. I hadn't realised I'd been sat there for such a long time.

I nodded and opened the car door, taking my overnight bag as I stepped out into the cold air.

God, it was freezing. I was very sensitive to the cold, especially in autumn and winter.

I walked around his snowy Audi and followed George into his house.

Again, I was gobsmacked by how beautifully designed the interior was. How could I have forgotten this artistry? My legs refused to move as I stood in the doorway examining the large room which was spilt into a kitchen, dining room and lounge area.

"Libellule?" George called, snapping me out of my trance again. I shook my head to wake me up and looked up at him.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I said in an apologetic voice. It seemed the night was catching up with me.

He smiled in disbelief and gestured for me to join him as the breakfast bar. The counters were black granite and sparkling clean.

"Here, let me take your coat," he offered, and since we were inside the floors were heated and the air was warm, I shrugged off my black coat and placed it in his hand. Immediately, his eyes widened in awe and a look down at my dress made me realise why.

"Wow..." he trailed off, his eyes scanning down my body but not in a perverted way. "Mon dieu, que tu est belle,"

I didn't know much French but everyone knew 'belle' meant beautiful.

I thanked the coverage of foundation again for masking my blush. Why was I always blushing around him?!

"Um, thank you," I said quietly and sat down opposite George at the breakfast bar, playing with my hands nervously.

Nervously.

Nervously?

What was happening to me?

I didn't know what to say as we sat for a moment just staring at each other. Taking in his own beauty, I gazed as the perfect proportions of his facial features and tousled brown hair. Of course those stunning eyes observed me too, almost curiously as if he was simply fascinated by how I breathed.

After a while he stood up, walked over to the fridge and poured two glasses of milk and then opened a cupboard and pulled out a packet of Oreos.

Quickly, he brought them back onto the counter and placed one glass of milk in front of me and opening the Oreos, gesturing for me to take one.