Chapter Five: Saviours

*EDITED*

I didn't look back.

My head was spinning and everything tripled around me. I usually wasn't a lightweight, but alcohol did have effects on me nonetheless - eventually. Especially if I was extremely angry.

Behind my trembling form, a body stepped out. Fearing it to be Anna or Josh again I slowly turned around, almost reached out to grab the neck and strangle it for sending everyone a sex tape of me.

THAT I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT!

Instead, George Lassalle stood in front of me, gazing at my face curiously. I thought back to what just happened but it was hard as images blurred into one. Shouting, scratching, smacking, screaming...

... And a hand, supporting me. Pulling me away from a mess that I knew would end even worse than it did.

I stood frozen and looked deep into his studying eyes. I gulped loudly and began to turn around, but my feet were spinning in directions I couldn't keep up with, my head felt too heavy for my neck and soon I was slumping to the floor, my knees grazing the rough paving stones.

I gasped and sat back, letting my head fall in between my knees hoping the blood would flow better around it. The sounds of the party was drowning out around me. Buzzing... just buzzing.

I lay there on the floor - destroyed. Every ounce of innocence I ever held gone.

I was sore, all over. Everywhere, ever slither of my bare skin which he had touched stung raw.

"Cassie?" A husky voice called out. "Are you okay?"

Everything was becoming cloudy. Vision, sounds, my mind, but I was not leaving consciousness. No way. I was stronger than that.

"I fine," I breathed out, taking a long inhale of oxygen. "I just thought I was about to faint."

A hand felt its way onto my cheek, the gesture a soft caress bringing warmth back to my cold face. The hand tilted my head up to face him.

George.

Who how beautiful he was. Soft brown hair that carelessly felt into his eyes, eyes so enchanting I thought I'd never leave his gaze. And a smile that was sunshine known for being laced with playfulness and kindness.

Now was different. There was worry and concern veiling away the cheekiness he was known and popular for. His soft palm was still cupping my face and I tried to ignore the sparks that flew down my back however bright they might be.

"Her eyes were glazed with a blank stare, though hidden within, she was hurt deeply. Hate grew inside her like a volcano but only to erupt in her own time," he spoke in a comforting voice. I didn't understand what he was talking about, George didn't seem to be really present. Almost as soon as he zoned out though, he snapped back out of his trance. "What happened, Cassie?"

I opened my mouth but no sound came out. Instead a chortled gasp escaped my throat. I tried again, more confidently. "Nothing, I just was about to faint. Its fine, it's because I was drinking, happens often don't worry about me, but thank you."

With that I attempted to stand up again but dizziness took over and before I'd even lifted myself off the ground my butt came crashing down with the floor again. In defeat I fumbled with the straps of my heels, concentrating on the buckles to bring my vision back. After a couple of silent minutes my heels were clutched in my hands and I stood up again, slightly more steady now.

The whole time George just watched me. I felt the weight of his stare.

"Um, yeah thanks. See you." I muttered and turned around to leave. But taking a step was once again too much. Like a magnet pulling me back, it was George who kept me from moving not my dizziness.