Ambush

CHP: Ambush

Disclaimer: I don't own any anime, movies, music, comics, or games.

Beta reader: Unholy Light

Bold - Right Head.

Natural - the Middle head.

Italics - Thoughts/Telepath dialogues/ flashbacks/ Left head

When morning came, Gestroyah sighed. It was like this every day, get up, patrol, train, sleep. Rinse and repeat. But today? They can smell it. Something was different around the island.

And he can tell that something changed, but they couldn't put their finger on it. First, they went to check on Slenra, and they found the baby T-Rex asleep.

They went to check their home just in case any of those pesky Death Jackals plan on taking their home back. They can't trust those suicidal dumbheads.

Satisfied, they went to Kong's home, and he found the Gorilla was awake and started his routine. They watched him pick a tree and turn it into a spear, and he hurls it to the sun.

"Poor guy, that's a sad way to die." Cody said, spotting a young kaiju killed by the spear.

"Bet its last words were like 'YO WTF!?'" Odin said, chuckling.

"Okay boys, enough chit-chat, let's go greet our landlord. Hey KONG!" Ning watched the ape turn and greeted them with a nod.

The chimera approached his friend. "Do you feel it?" Ning asked. "Something has entered our land." Kong said, fully alert.

"Did you finish it?" Odin asked. Kong shook his head. "No." That simple answer made the three heads frown.

They were sure that Kong could make a decent weapon, but it seemed they overestimated him, or the island lacked the necessary Kaiju.

"Hey why don't give Kong one of our plates?"

The suggestion turned its siblings' attention towards Cody as if he's a genius, stupid, and crazy.

"Did you forget why we even have plates now?"

"Cause we evolved too fast?"

"NO! Our plates are acting as limiters so we don't blow up!"

"Don't forget it also stores any excess energy for emergencies."

"But it's not like losing one is going to be a big deal. We have super-regeneration right?"

"Well... he's not wrong, but how are we sure that it's going to work?"

"We could have Kong rip one out and try tying it to one of the Skull scrawlers bones?"

Odin's suggestion wasn't wrong. But how is Kong going to rip it out? Their plates were razor sharp.

Manda POV.

The serpent-like creature was on the hunt. Power like the sun, such a creature never existed in a millennium. If it can devour it, then it will become the new alpha.

Just thinking about it made Manda shiver in pleasure. Thoughts of humiliating his nemesis and finally killing him surfaced.

It wasn't foolish to figure out that there were two alphas, but the bizarre situation also made it curious.

Manda was curious. This wasn't a fight. How was it possible for two alphas to exist and not kill each other? He listened more to their conversation.